Easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Grab your chicken
You can use a whole chicken, parts, stuffed breasts, or tenders to make this recipe. The marinade will be the same but the cooking methods will differ. For the quickest and easiest jerk chicken, I use tenders and cook them on a grill. If I'm not rushed for time, I use a whole chicken or chicken parts and cook them in the oven or slow roast them on the grill.
- 18 ounces Chicken Tenders, Membrane removed
- 2 tablespoons Walker's Wood Jerk Seasoning, Mild or Hot
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Mashed to a paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, (Optional)
Jerk your chicken
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and mix well to coat each piece. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the chicken over high heat until done - about 5 minutes on each side.
Enjoy the afterglow
In addition to releasing pleasure-inducing endorphins into the blood, spicy foods are thought to provide many health benefits from weight-loss, to cancer prevention. On-going research is uncovering new benefits almost daily. I love my jerk chicken to be as spicy as I can make it. The burn feels so good. Enjoy the pain!
More by this Author
Memories of the Newbridge Inn which was located North Bellmore, New York. Pizza, beer, airplanes, and bar fights. A personal recollection.
How to steam blue claw crabs Maryland-style. The instructions explain how to buy, season, and cook crabs.
Step-by-step instructions on how to copy an iTunes library from one Windows PC to another.
No comments yet.