Easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Grab your chicken
You can use a whole chicken, parts, stuffed breasts, or tenders to make this recipe. The marinade will be the same but the cooking methods will differ. For the quickest and easiest jerk chicken, I use tenders and cook them on a grill. If I'm not rushed for time, I use a whole chicken or chicken parts and cook them in the oven or slow roast them on the grill.
- 18 ounces Chicken Tenders, Membrane removed
- 2 tablespoons Walker's Wood Jerk Seasoning, Mild or Hot
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Mashed to a paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, (Optional)
Jerk your chicken
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and mix well to coat each piece. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the chicken over high heat until done - about 5 minutes on each side.
Enjoy the afterglow
In addition to releasing pleasure-inducing endorphins into the blood, spicy foods are thought to provide many health benefits from weight-loss, to cancer prevention. On-going research is uncovering new benefits almost daily. I love my jerk chicken to be as spicy as I can make it. The burn feels so good. Enjoy the pain!
More by this Author
Research into a local restaurant turns up interesting information about pre-World War II Long Island, including a glimpse into an infamous group of Nazi supporters, German submarines, and espionage.
How to steam blue claw crabs Maryland-style. The instructions explain how to buy, season, and cook crabs.
Step-by-step instructions on how to copy an iTunes library from one Windows PC to another.
No comments yet.