Easy Microwave Chocolate Fudge Recipe
If you're looking for a quick and easy microwave chocolate fudge recipe, then this one's sure to please. This quick microwave fudge leaves your kitchen clean and tastes divine. Everybody knows that making fudge must take ages, so your friends and family will be very impressed when you simply present them with chocolate fudge and the words "Oh, it was nothing - go on, dig in".
Two Step Process
In this recipe, it takes just a few minutes to make the fudge - the time element comes from the cooked fudge being left to cool - and that is why it looks like a long time. 10 minutes to make it, but I'd say 2+ hours for it to cool.
- 1.75 cups Condensed Milk, (One large tin, 400 ml)
- 1 stick butter, (125 grams)
- 2.25 cups caster sugar/superfine sugar, (500 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, (5 ml)
- 1.25 cups chocolate chips, (340 grams, 12oz)
- Combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips and pour the mix into your bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate fudge mix on HIGH, checking and stirring it well every 2 minutes. Do this for 8-9 minutes. As microwaves are different it is important to keep watching, checking and stirring the mix until it's the right consistency. An older/less powerful microwave might take 10-12 minutes to cook this mix.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in your chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow tray or dish and put to one side to cool. You may place it in the refrigerator once it's cooled down enough.
Cooking anything for the first time is always a little "hit and miss". Based on your experience you might choose to cook it a little more, or less, next time. Or maybe your bowl was too big, or too small.
Variations on This Easy Microwave Chocolate Fudge Recipe:
- Instead of chocolate chips,you can use any other chocolate, either broken up or grated.
- Try putting half the chocolate in with the original mix, adding the second half at the end.
- Try mixing up different chocolate (white, dark, milk) for a slightly different effect
- By using half white chocolate and half dark chocolate pieces, set the white pieces aside, then melt them before pouring the white chocolate into the fudge mix and stirring a little bit to create swirly patterns.
- Hold back a few chocolate chips, or shavings, and sprinkle them across the top once your mix has been poured out for cooling.
- Roll your chocolate fudge into balls (I use two teaspoons as it is sticky)
- Use individual shaped silicone molds - you get shaped fudge pieces that simply press out of these easy to use, flexible molds.
What if Fudge Doesn't Set
If you don't get the ingredients mixed in the right proportions, it is possible that your fudge won't set. There are a couple of things you can try to "fix" this:
- Cheat - stick your fudge in the freezer for 15-30 minutes, then serve/eat quickly.
- Warm it up and use it as a thick chocolate pouring sauce over ice-cream - who can resist fudge sauce!
Buy Microwave Fudge Mix Online
More by this Author
Reheating cooked chicken meat is not dangerous, but you do need to know how to do it safely. Find out how to safely reheat leftover cooked chicken so it turns out perfectly every time.
With just 4 ingredients, plus your choice of inclusions, you can make microwave fudge at home. This is a straight forward and simple combine / microwave / chill method.
Do you ever ask yourself, "Why is my house so damp?" Every house can suffer from moisture problems for many reasons, but here are some things that will work to get rid of damp once and for all.