Easy Microwave Cupcakes
We Love Sweets
While Maggie is working outside the home, I have been performing a wide array of freelance writing jobs.
Sometimes the stress of writing, and viewing the computer screen force me to take a break from typing on the laptop. Yesterday, I was feeling all of that abundantly, and I wanted to try something new and different.
Knowing that both Maggie and I love sweets....and coffee, I decided some cupcakes would be the perfect coffee companion. I looked in the cupboards and realized we had all the ingredients I would need to make some easy microwave cupcakes.
Maggie's sister had given her a microwave cupcake dish, and we also had those fancy little cupcake baking papers. I was surprised to see that they were red, white , and blue. In a little joke and fun between ourselves, she often says that we "Gringos" are so full of ourselves.
So Why Did She Purchase Red, White, and Blue Cupcake Baking Papers?
Well, the Gringo decided to be full of himself and show the Boricua how to make sweets in the microwave.
I also figured that since Hubpages has been giving huge preferences to recipe hubs, I would show you all how to make easy microwave cupcakes too.
To start off with, you need a boxed cake mix you can purchase at nearly any supermarket.
I had a problem though; I had 2 different kinds of boxed cake mix.
Hmmmm, what would Maggie like.
Now if it were a woman making this decision, I would be willing to bet the choice would be German Chocolate.
You see, the majority of women make decisions based on emotions.
Uh, oh, am I stepping into dangerous territory?
Well the truth is the truth, and I used logic. Hmmm, what kind of frosting do we have? All I could find was vanilla. German Chocolate with vanilla frosting? Carrot with vanilla?
My logic said....
All The Ingredients
- The Box Cake Mix, Your Favorite Brand
- 1 Cup Water, Room Temperature
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- A Whole Lotta Love, You Gotta Put Love In Your Cooking
This Is How You Do It
- Using a large bowl, put the boxed mix in. Add the water, oil and eggs.
- Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer starting on the lowest speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the side of the bowl and then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Put the baking cups in the microwave cupcake baking dish.
- Now fill the baking cups with your mix 1/2 full.
- Put the dish in the microwave and set the timer for 2 1/2 minutes. Do not watch through the glass as this can give you radiation. Just be patient...it is only 2 1/2 minutes.
- Take the dish out and let them cool for about 20 minutes.
- Take the papered cupcakes out of the dish and put on a tray. Spread the frosting on them and you are now finished.
You Should Know
I am installing the nutritional information below.
We all know cupcakes are so nutritional, and good for you.
This is a parody!
Serving size=1 cupcake
Sugar=Do I dare tell you?
Are they good for you?
Quit asking and just eat the cupcake and like it!
I hope you like making these simple microwave cupcakes.
If you liked this hub, please give it a rating below. Thank you.
By the way Maggie, this hub was made to give you a good laugh... I love you and hope you enjoy those cupcakes.
Those Gringo Americans are so full of themselves....and full of cupcakes.
© 2015 Greg Boudonck
More by this Author
what books do you remember best? These are the ones that I do.
Children are our future and there are freaks killing them. Lets catch these evil beings and send them all to hell.
This hub describes the different political parties and their views. Written before the last Presidential election, it still gives people insight. Updated now for the most current Presidential election