Easy Mince and Spuds
This is a recipe our friends in Ireland gave to us about 2 years ago now, and it makes a delicious meal in a very short time. In this recipe, I use gravy granules, but if you have the time, you can make the gravy yourself.
- 200g Frozen mixed veg
- 450g Beef mince
- 100-200ml gravy
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
- Start by peeling and chopping the potatoes, and put them on to boil. These will be for the mashed potato (Spuds part!)
- In a large pan, lightly fry the mince until it has browned.
- Add the onion, and lightly fry for another 2-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetables. They do not need to be defrosted, as they do not take too long to cook.
- Once these have been on the heat for about 5 minutes, add the gravy. Make sure the mixture is slightly watery.
- Add seasoning, and then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes, add a small amount of milk and butter, and mash. Be careful not to add too much, as it will go soggy and disintegrate in the gravy.
More by this Author
Many people love massage as a relaxation tool, but here I explain how massage and aromatherapy can be used to relieve symptoms in end-of-life care.