Easy Naan Bread
The Story - Why I Wanted to Try Naan
I really am new to Naan Bread - but found one at a little bakery shop - and loved it so much that every time I pass I just have to buy one piece of their Naan bread. It is not crispy like most traditional Naan breads, but just so flavoursome.
- 1 1/2 cups Warm water
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 7g Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup Grated tasty cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle of Sesame seeds
- In a clean bowl add the sugar, yeast and warm water and gently mix. Let it stand for 5 - 10 minutes. It should become a little frothy.
- Add the sugar and flour and mix. with a wooden spoon or with clean hands until it is all together in a sticky ball.
- Leave in the bowl and cover with tea towel and keep warm for about an hour.
- After one hour, put the mixture on a floured board and punch it down. Then divide into 4 - 6 balls.
- With each ball, roll out flat and using a rolling pin roll it until it is about 1/4 inch thick. (I like it thick so mine was about 1/2 inch thick) It should be 6 - 9 inches long.
- Put on an oiled tray, and add thinly sliced onion, grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put in the oven on hot for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- You can cook on skillet or electric fry pan, but I prefer the oven method.
A creative cook will find other things to add to the top of the bread - just cheese, tomato and basil. Be creative.
More by this Author
Wall in the street. Street in Hangzhou Silk Market Apartments above/behind the silk market. The Silk Market Shops More Silk Market shops Street scene in Silk Market Green trees hanging over the Silk Market street....
Senior Solo Women - they appear to be a cohort that in some communities are "forgotten". Am looking to do some research on this group.
One of the things that is glaringly obvious in China is the poor quality of dental health. Just look at any of the sea of faces anywhere in China and you are likely to see a mouth full of awful teeth. I can understand...
No comments yet.