Easy Recipe for Banana Bread
I have recently read about all the health benefits of bananas from the vitamins to the fiber and beyond.
Banana bread is a great way to use up ripe bananas and get a health benefit too!
Health Benefits Of Banana
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas
Bananas are possibly the most favorite fruit worldwide and offer a host of important health benefits. Learn about 5 awesome health benefits of bananas in this article. Read on...
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup stick margarine or butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 or 4 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Baked Banana Bread Fresh From The Oven
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 2 loaf pans with shortening.
- Gently squeeze the banana peel with the banana still in it until the banana softens.
- Mix sugar and margarine in large bowl. Stir in eggs. Add bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. If a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, they are done.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen the bread from the pan. Remove the bread from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!!!
Ways To Eat Banana Bread
Banana bread tastes good on its own, but you could put some warm butter or jam on a slice of banana bread.
You could also top a slice of banana bread with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Calories without chocolate chips or nuts
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
I love my Betty Crocker Cookbook!
More by this Author
Peanut allergies are on the rise across the world. We are seeing more children with allergic reactions to peanuts than in any other time in history.
Chicken Parmesan is an easy chicken recipe that tastes great! Your family will love this homemade recipe!
I am a mother of two preschoolers and a current resident of Northern Virginia. My husband and I searched all over the Northern Virginia area for a great place to raise our children.