Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes
Scrambled egg is one of the most simple food in the world. If Westerner prefer scrambled egg as breakfast fare, Asian enjoy them with rice. Add one or two dash fish/soy sauce or hot chili sauce to your scrambled egg will make a simple and tasty home meal. Instead of plain scrambled egg, my favorite is scrambled egg with tomatoes. Although this egg dish is not listed on the Chinese restaurant menu, but very popular at the Chinese family dinner table.
Fresh eggs and tomatoes are great pairing. Fluffy golden scrambled egg is the body of this superb dish, but the soft and juicy tomato is the real soul. If you enjoy egg and tomato, you will like this dish. It's very easy and inexpensive. It looks like little bit complicated with two step of cooking and stir-frying method but trust me, this is the easiest stir-fry dish you must try.
Great Chinese Recipes
What You Need
2 tomatoes, diced
2 scallion, chopped
5 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
ground pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1/3 tsp sugar
4 tbps cooking oil
cilantro sprigs for garnishing
How to Fix
- In a bowl, put eggs, salt and pepper. Then beat them together lightly.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbsp cooking oil and swirl it to coat the wok. When the oil is hot, pour in the eggs mixture. Cook it about 1 minuted and scramble it using metal spatula. Transfer the eggs into a plate and set aside.
- Use the same wok or skillet, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil over high heat. Then add in onion and garlic. Stir-fry about 30 seconds or until the onion are translucent and soft. Add diced tomatoes,s ugar and rice wine. Stir-fry about 1 minutes or until the tomatoes are lightly tendered.
- Add in the scrambled eggs into wok. Continue to stir-fry about 1-2 minutes or until the eggs are coated with tomatoes juices. Transfer to serving plate. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve it hot with steamed jasmine rice.
How to Pick Roma Tomatoes
More Asian Recipes
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Easy Indonesian Jus Alpukat - Avocado Shake Recipe. How to Make Indonesian Style Shake!
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe (Goi Ga)
- Quick and Easy Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe (Do Chua)
- Vietnamese BBQ Pork (Thit Xa Xiu) Recipe
- Easy Japanese Stuffed Mushroom (Shiitake Nikozume) Recipe
More by this Author
How to stir-fry Chinese greens. Super easy recipe.
Chinese Stuffed Bitter Melon AVLXY If you grew up eating the bitter melon, you will love this bitter dish. Stuffed bitter melon is common home-cooked dish in many Chinese household. It's made of bitter melon and ground...
Learn how to make Vietnamese congee.