Easy-To-Make Healthy Food Recipes Part II - Raw Carrot Salad
- 3 Carrots, grated
- 1 or 2 Green chillies, finely chopped
- ! small piece Ginger, finely chopped
- A few leaves Cilantro, finely chopped
- A few Curry leaves
- 1 tsp. Mustard, for seasoning
- A little Asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice, optional
- 1 tsp. Oil
Raw Carrot Salad
- Wash and peel carrots. Grate them, add salt and keep aside.
- In a small pan add oil and when hot, season with mustard and asafoetida.
- Add ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and fry well.
- Mix the seasoning into the grated carrot and salt mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve chilled.
- This dish can be eaten as a main course for people who watch their diet or as a salad for spicy dishes like vegetable biryani.
- If you like a tangy taste, add lemon juice and mix well before serving.
|Serving size: 1 cup grated|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 76 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Tasty and nutritious food
Raw carrot salad is a simple dish that is not only very easy to prepare but tastes delicious and has a lot of nutritive value, so it can be taken regularly. It goes well with rice, chapati and spicy dishes like Vegetable Biryani.
Weight watchers especially will be very happy to know about this recipe. Hope you try out this recipe and enjoy.
More by this Author
Managing rheumatoid arthritis is easier said than done, but with patience and perseverance, it can certainly be achieved. The most important thing for a RA sufferer to remember is that you should keep exercising your...