Easy Tortilla Pizza
Quick and Easy Tortilla Pizza
Easy Tortilla Pizza Recipe
This was a great test recipe. As you can hopefully see from the picture, this isn't a recipe to use mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce on a tortilla! Instead, this recipe calls for a few ingredients used in Mexican recipes, such as fresh tomatoes, lime, and shredded Mexican-style cheeses, as well as a few ingredients used in Italian recipes, such as red onion and garlic.
I typically make meals for one person, because my son is a very picky eater! This is a perfect meal for one person, and the nice thing is that you can use the tomato mixture later for salsa (just add some cilantro and jalapeno) or add it to a chicken tortilla soup.
2 vine-ripened organic tomatoes. Remove the inner flesh and seeds and liquid. Cut into large pieces.
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 clove of garlic, cut into large chunks
Approximately 1 tbsp chopped red onion
Couple dashes of sea salt
Pepper to taste
1/3-1/2 cup Mexican-style shredded cheeses
1 flour tortilla
Pat of butter or margarine
1. Combine tomato, lime juice, garlic, red onion, salt, and pepper in a mini food processor. Chop until the consistency is like salsa.
2. Melt a pat of butter over med or medium-high heat in a saute pan.
3. Add the tortilla to the pan. Once it begins to bubble, turn it over.
4. Spread a couple of tablespoons of the tomato-garlic mixture on the tortilla. Add more as desired.
5. Top the tomato-garlic mixture with shredded cheese.
6. Cover the tortilla pizza with a plate or small pan cover until the cheese is just about melted all over.
Cut into wedges and enjoy! Makes a great appetizer or meal for one person.
Optional Fun Additions and Changes
- Add shredded fajita-seasoned chicken or beef for a more filling meal
- Swap out red onion or green onion for a more Mexican-inspired dish
- Add jalapeno and cilantro to the tomato mixture to create a salsa
Tortilla and Pizza Hubs You Might Like
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup Recipe
If you love ample flavor and lots of spice mixed in a warm and hearty soup, this recipe is for you. Tortilla Soup has become one of my favorites and I've altered the original recipe to suit my tastes and...
- You Say Tortilla, I Say Frittata: A Three-Country To...
Detailing the similarities and differences among French omelettes (omelet), Italian frittatas, and Spanish tortillas. With cooking techniques,recipes, full-color pictures, and more. Whether oeuf, uova, or huevo, always put your best egg forward!
More by this Author
Single Mom's Guide to Bedtime Routines David Castillo Dominici For any single parent out there, the most fun words of the day are usually, "let's get ready for bed!" Too bad it's not that easy for many kids,...
Where to Buy Fondant Nutdanai Apikhomboonwaroot There is no doubt about it: fondant makes the cake world go 'round (no pun intended). Fondant is the smooth, satin-like texture applied on top of buttercream in order to...
Tips for Dating Ramettes (aka Aries Women) photostock Good luck to you! If you are in pursuit of an Aries woman, get ready for the most intriguing, frustrating, satisfying, exhausting ride of your life. And this is true...
No comments yet.