Easy Tuna Salad | Tomato and Olive Salad | Tuna Salad Hors d’oeuvres
Same Old Tuna Salad?
Are you tired of same old tuna salad on bread for lunch or dinner? Trying to lose weight, eat healthy or change it up when it comes to tuna and tomato salads?
For a quick lunch or dinner that’s healthy and delicious, try something different with tuna salad by serving it on celery sticks. Add a tomato salad, or combine it all and make some hearty hors d’oeuuvres.
Tuna Salad and Tomato Salad Ideas
Tomato and Black Olive Salad:
Tuna Salad on Celery Sticks:
Tuna Salad Hors d’oeuvres:
Cast Your Vote!
What You'll Need
- 1 6-oz. can tuna, (I like white albacore)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise, (I like Smart Balance Light Mayo)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder, (or use 1/4 cup finely chopped white onions)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped, (I like grape tomatoes which have less seeds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of garlic powder, (or use one clove fresh garlic, chopped)
- 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces of celery, (for Hors d’oeuvres)
- 3 or 4 pieces of celery, cut in half, (longer pieces of celery if serving tuna salad on celery sticks)
- 1/2 can of black olives, sliced
Instructions: Tuna Salad
- Open and drain can of tuna. I like to use White Albacore rather than Chunk Light because the latter tends to be mashed up and mushy).
- Place tuna in small dish and gently break up the tuna (be careful not to overly mash the tuna).
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and onion powder and mix.
- Cover until ready to serve.
Instructions: Tomato and Black Olive Salad
- In small to medium bowl, add tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder (or fresh, chopped garlic), and olive oil. I like to use a light olive oil, which is light in taste as well as smell).
- Toss ingredients.
That’s it! Your salad is ready to serve.
Tomato, Cucumber and Cabbage Salad Variation
Instead of black olives, you can change up the ingredients. Add some chopped cucumber and red cabbage for a variation of the same salad. Change it up sometimes!
Instructions: Tuna Salad Hors d’oeuvres
- Place the 1 ½ to 2 inch celery pieces in a medium plate.
- Add a little tuna on each piece of celery.
- On top of the tuna, add a little of the tomato and black olive salad.
- Arrange the celery pieces nicely on your plate.
Ready to serve!
Tuna Salad Serving Variations
Here are some tuna salad meal suggestions:
- Tuna salad on whole grain bread or fancy bread with a side of any type of salad. Pictured below is a tuna salad sandwich served on rosemary olive oil bread.
- Tuna salad on celery sticks with a side of soup or garden salad.
- Tuna salad on cucumber slices with a large chopped salad.
What is your favorite way to serve tuna salad?
Please share your ideas. I love to try different variations of dishes to change it up and make meals more interesting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This is Hub #24 of 30 of my 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge.
Only 6 more hubs and 6 days to go!!!
More by this Author
What’s for dinner tonight? How about a healthy dish made of broiled flounder, over-baked potatoes with pot-luck seasoning and mixed grilled vegetables? It’s easy to make, well-balanced and delicious.
This article provides ingredients, recipe and step-by-step instructions for making Chicken Marsala. By following this easy-to-use cooking guide, you can create a Chicken Marsala dinner in no time!
Take a look at these remarkable celebrity look-alikes. This article explores amazing celebrity look-alikes, common similarities and biography and film information for each.