Easy Vegan Taco Soup Recipe
All you need for this quick and easy soup are the following:
- 1/2 onion (I use yellow)
- 1 TBS oil
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can vegan chili beans (or extra can of kidney or pinto beans)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 TBS taco seasoning (I use McCormick)
- 1 C frozen corn
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Corn Chips (optional)
- Chop the onion. In a frying pan, heat 1 TBS of oil. Add onions and cook until tender.
- In a large pot, combine onions, all types of beans, tomato sauce, corn, taco seasoning and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Cook for 15 minutes on low-medium heat or until heated thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
Crock Pot Alternative Cooking Instructions
- Chop the onion. Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Turn crock pot on in the morning, and food is ready when you get home from work!
Here are some simple ways to serve the vegan chili:
- Spoon into a bowl and eat!
- Spoon into a bowl, serve with chips on the side. Crumble chips into soup and eat, or scoop chili with chips and eat.
- Grate cheese (vegan cheese if vegan) over the top before serving.
If you make this kind of thing often, it may be more cost-effective to buy the canned ingredients and seasoning at Costco or Sam's in bulk. (We buy our beans and seasoning, including salt and pepper at Costco).
Try it and let me know what you think!
Did You Like It?
If you tried this recipe, did you like it?See results without voting
More by this Author
Learn what a hot spot is on your cat (or dog), what some possible causes are, and what to do about it.
Easy roasted pumpkin seeds.
If you've ever wondered what mange looks like on a cat, and how it progresses as it heals, this is a great, short article for you to check out.