White Vegetarian "Chili"
- 2 cups tofu crumble
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup dried white beans
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tbs cilantro sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cups grated cheese
- Put the white beans in a large bowl. Add water until they are covered with three inches of water. Cover with plastic wrap and let them soak overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the white beans and add them to a large pot and cover with fresh water, again with three inches over the beans.
- Bring beans to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cook them for about one hour. Drain when they are soft.
- Heat a large pot over medium high with olive oil. Add the vegetables, garlic, and cumin. Stir occasionally until the onion is soft.
- Push the vegetables to the sides and brown the tofu in the middle of the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes on low.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and sour cream on top!
More by this Author
This African-style Carrot Ginger Soup is bold, sweet, and creamy - the perfect addition to any savory meal!
These pizza eggrolls are a light and crunchy snack, that when paired with a side salad make a great entrée.
Served with chips, pitas, or vegetables, this low fat dip is a winner!
No comments yet.