Easy, Yummy, Crock-Pot Beef Stew Recipe
My Own Easy, Tasty Recipe
To ensure that my beef stew is tasty every time, I opt for the easy way. I tried a recipe that came from my great gram’s stash only I used a crock pot instead of on the stove. The first time I made it, it was a little watery and tasteless, but then I added a few more ingredients to get a pretty yummy dish. The problem is that I can’t remember what I did to make it perfect that one time so it takes me many tries to get an actual recipe. One of the things I was told to add was cinnamon. One thing I decided would give it more flavor was using red wine and other similar things(soy sauce?). Then when I was low on ingredients and not enough time, I made it completely flavorless, but knew exactly what I did wrong from the beginning. If you add to much water with beef broth in a can, it just doesn’t work.
What I love about beef stew is that it is so versatile and you can add all kinds of vegetables to it so that even a person who is not big on veggies will find something healthy in the big bowl of goodness.
Cook time: 6 - 12 hours
Total time: 6 1/2 - 12 1/2 hours
Serves: 6 - 8 depending on how many vegetables you use, and how big your pot is
- 1 lb. stew beef, chuck or round
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 carrots, pared and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 ribs of celery, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 4 large potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine or bbq suace
- to taste cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 packet beef stew flavoring
- 4 cups water
- other vegetables, to your liking
- Brown beef in 2 TBS. red wine (cooking, vinegar, or real) Then add salt, pepper and cinnamon
- Put beef, potatoes, stew packet, and 3 cups water in crock pot Mix and add more cinnamon, pepper, salt, a bay leaf and one cup red wine
- Cook on low for five hours or high for three-four hours, then add other vegetables, stir until its all mixed in. Add more water if needed to cover meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low for another 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are soft. Serve with biscuits
More by this Author
If you are thinking about moving or are just really interested in the rural beauty of the country, you might want to read about the place that I grew up in. Find links for vacation in NH
These two art forms are slightly different from each other. Read on to learn more and see examples of some beautiful artwork
This recipe has the best blend of spices and is an easy way to enjoy your pumpkin seeds this season! They are perfect for any Halloween party!