Easy and Tasty Chicken and Noodles Casserole Recipe
A Quick and Easy Recipe for a Hot and Hearty Dinner
Making dinner for the family is important. From nourishment to enjoyment to quality time spent together, dinner is a daily ritual that brings us happily and healthily closer together. But night after night, week after week, dish after dish, dinner can get difficult. What to make, what to use, what ingredients are available? Sometimes we get caught in a repetitive rut, some days we're pressed for time, and other days we just run out of energy before it's time to get started.
On days like this, I go straight to an easy casserole. This chicken and noodles casserole can be made with just three everyday ingredients and a little water. It's hearty enough to fill up a hungry dad with a rich and creamy flavor even the kids will love! It takes just 30 minutes from start to finish, and whether you serve it alone or with a side of bread and salad, chicken and noodles casserole can be an easy, tasty dinner - and real sanity saver!
- 2-3 cups rotini noodles, uncooked
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 7oz can chicken
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, (optional)
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted (for the topping, optional)
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs, (for the topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 mintues, drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, whisk together soup and chicken broth (or water) in a medium mixing bowl. Shred the chicken from the can with two forks and stir it into this soup mixture.
- Next, stir the cooked drained noodles and pepper into the soup mixture. Transfer to a medium-sized casserole dish.
- (Optional) Mix the breadcrumbs with the melted butter in a small bowl using a fork. Sprinkle this breadcrumb mix over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes until the casserole begins to bubble through, or the topping turns golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes to cool before serving.
Make it, then Rate it!
Simple Yet Satisfying
To complete the dinner, you can round out this dish with bread and a vegetable. Here I've served it with garlic bread and a garden fresh salad.
Tonight save on time, not on taste, with this hot and hearty chicken and noodles casserole for you and your family!
More by this Author
A hearty, mouthwatering lasagna made with ground venison, homemade sauce and spices.
Cooking lake perch is a breeze with this complete and easy-to-follow recipe for breaded and fried perch fillets.
The concentrated power of essential oils meets the money-driven world of Multi-Level Marketing in a deceptive mix that puts your well-being at risk. Is it ok if eating them makes you nervous?