Easy cheese and mushroom meatloaf plus other meatloaf options
Yummy Meatloaf Recipes
As with almost any recipe, you can tweak the ingredients however you'd like. Here are some additional options:
- Cheddar cheese
- Almost any cheese or cheese mixture is amazingly good
- Dry onion soup mix (in place of chopped onion)
- 1 Cup crushed saltine crackers (instead of bread crumbs)
- Sliced ham in the center
- 1/2 cup-1 cup chopped pickles mixed with ketchup and mustard to taste (in the center or on top of the meatloaf)
- Finely chopped vegetables in place of 1/4 of meat mixture (carrots, celery, onions, etc)
- Any spices that you enjoy (basil, oregano, cumin, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, chopped garlic, garlic salt/powder) to taste
- Use 3/4 lb beef and 3/4 lb venison for a spectacular tasting meatloaf
- You can spoon the meat mixture into cupcake tins for individual loaves. I've done this and the family loves it!
- You can take the entire meat mixture, flatten on a cookie sheet to 1" thickness, add toppings like cheese and mushrooms or vegetables, and roll up like a jelly roll. Place on cookie sheet to bake.
- Mix 1/2 cup-1 cup (your choice) ketchup, 1 Tbsp mustard, and 1/4 C brown sugar.
- Barbecue sauce
- Mix 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Thick brown gravy
- Heinz 57 sauce
- A1 steak sauce (you can mix the Heinz 57 and A1 with ketchup as well)
- 1 cup ketchup, 1 Tsp liquid smoke, and 1/4 cup brown sugar (sugar optional)
- 1 cup ketchup, 1 Tbsp mustard, and 1/2 cup chopped pickles
- 1 1/2 Lbs ground beef/venison
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 5-6 oz canned or fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup ketchup
- Put all ingredients, except ketchup, mozzarella cheese, and mushrooms, in large bowl and mix well. Using your hands works best.
- Place half of the meat mixture in oven-safe baking dish (spread evenly), cover with mushrooms and cheese, then place remaining meat mixture on top and spread evenly. I like to add ketchup to the top of the meatloaf before I bake, but that is up to you.
- Bake in oven at 350 for one hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Add ketchup to top of meatloaf (optional).
More by this Author
Ever had an experience with ghosts or other supernatural entities? I've had several interesting experiences with ghosts and I've written about some of them here. Please come and share your stories with me too!
What type of beard, mustache, goatee are you wearing? Here's what's sexy....
Fashion from the 1980's has made its inevitable return to our closets. Fluorescent, big belts, big earrings, big hair, denim jackets, peace signs, leg warmers, ruffles, color coordination and crazy patterns are some of...