How to Cook Perfect Rice the Easy Way with No Mess and No Stress
Cooking Rice is so easy............
This is going to be a really short hub, I am going to show you just how easy it is to cook rice, you would be amazed at the trouble I used to have cooking rice, it used to involve oil, salt, a large pan of boiling water (at least 2 kettles full, that's about 16 cups), constantly stirring and testing to see if it's cooked yet, then I put the rice into a sieve, a dangerous procedure in itself, then I needed another kettle full of boiling water to pour over the rice to rinse it.
Messy, time consuming, troublesome, lots of electricity, and most of all stressful, and that's when I managed to get it right, a lot of the time I overcooked or undercooked it and basically it was more trouble than it was worth.
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 cup of Rice
- 2 cups of Boiling Water
Easy Method to Cook Rice
Here is the stress free, easy, relaxing way of how to cook rice.
- Using a heavy bottomed pan (I use my Le Creuset Cast Iron Shallow Casserole Dish which I adore) throw in a pinch of salt (if using).
- Add 1 cup of Rice.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water.
- Turn on the heat and bring to a soft simmer.
- Pop on the lid.
- Set your timer to 7 minutes.
- Now you do nothing except wait.
- When the timer bleeps turn off the heat but DO NOT OPEN THE LID.
- Once the heat has been turned off set your timer to 14 minutes.
- When the timer bleeps your rice is cooked.
- Lightly fork the rice to separate the grains, I promise you they won't stick together.
- There will be no water left in the pan just perfect rice.
Note: If you like your rice al dente (with a slight bite) we don't, I know we're uncultured but we don't care, eat your food the way you like it don't be dictated to by people who think you should eat it a certain way. So if you like it al dente then cut the cooking time but keep the method exactly the same and you won't go wrong.
And for those of you who like us 'think Green' using this cooking method you will use much less electricity and less water - no need for expensive Rice Cookers.
This amount of rice serves 3 people for dinner, if you want to change the amount of rice the ratio is easy; 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water, if you want to double the quantity 2 cups of rice to 4 cups of water.
I hope that this hub has been of interest and useful to you it's certainly made my life in the kitchen easier and more relaxing.
If you found this Hub helpful then you might have a look at the other ideas from other Hubbers on the following link:
More by this Author
Looking for simple recipes for an evening meal, then how about this easy warming Beef recipe that is filling and can be prepared in advance - perfect for a cold Winter's day and a hungry family.
Good hearty body-warming food for the soul - Chicken Broth the perfect Scottish dish.
May's selection of wonderful craft projects that I hope you'll love