Easy how to make Choux Pastry dough Recipe
Cream Puffs and Eclairs.
Do you absolutely love cream puffs and eclairs, but don't think you could even begin to imagine how to make them yourself? These sweet treats are popular in bakeries and restaurants, but are actually super simple to make at home and are much tastier fresh!
To start a cream puff or eclair, you must first start with a special dough that can be used to make both cream puffs and eclairs. It is called choux pastry dough. This is a french dough that contains enough moisture so that the dough hollows out as the steam evaporates from the dough when baking.
Most people believe it is extremely difficult to master this dough, but that is completely untrue. This dough is super simple and delicious. It is also versatile so you can make puffs and fill them with anything you like!
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine, Preferably butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup All- purpose flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, Optional, use the sugar only if you are making a sweet dessert. You can use more or less
- Sift the flour and sugar (if using) onto a waxed sheet of paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan mix the boiling water, butter, and salt. Stir in medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Now, all at once add the flour to the saucepan and mix quickly to until a ball of dough is formed and it pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating each egg into the batter until smooth.
- At this point you are done making the choux dough. You may use it according to your recipe to make cream puffs, eclairs, cheese puffs, etc.