Cooking 101 For Teenagers & Recipes for Kids - On How To Make Easy & Tasty Muffins and Date Loaf!
What do we want the kids to make
This is a couple of recipes that we can get our children to make for themselves. This does require a bit of help and guidance, so be prepared to sit back and be there to do your mommy or daddy thing.
Heres one that only needs a little supervision
The only real problem is that the children often get carried away with the combinations of the ingredient that get added to the muffin mixture.
Quick ‘n Tasty Muffins
1 500g Self Raising Flower
25ml Icing Sugar
2 Extra Large Eggs (Free Range)
75ml cooking oil (Olive oil works)
250ml milk (low fat and 2% work)
100ml of any of your favourites either soft fruits and/or nuts, or Savoury mixes.
- 2 ripe bananas and handful of chopped Pecan nuts
- Grated Cheese and onion with a ½ a teaspoon of mustard powder
- Chopped Bacon Bits fried crispy
- Spinach and Feta Cheese (raw or cooked it really does not matter)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- 2. Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- 3. Blend the eggs, oil and milk briskly with a fork until properly blended
- 4. Add your choice of fillings to the flour mixture and mix well
- 5. Add the egg mixture into the bowl and blend quickly, using a wooden spoon
- 6. Grease the baking tray or muffin pan with butter or margarine
- 7. Pour the batter into the pans or spoon onto the baking tray
- 8. Bake for between 8 to 10 minutes in the middle of the oven until golden brown
Serve hot for the best results.
Cast Your Opinion
Would you like to see more easy children type recipiesSee results without voting
Another one that is just as much fun
Date Loaf Recipe
2 teaspoons Bicarb
2 Cups boiling water
Cube the dates and place it into a bowl add the Bicarb and boiling water stir, then leave to cool. About 2 hours. Don't discard the liquid.
3 cups of flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
166grams Butter or Margarine
1 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- 2. Cream butter and sugar.
- 3. Beat the eggs.
- 4. Add the eggs to the creamed butter.
- 5. Add the date mixture.
- 6. Mix well then add the sifted dry ingredients.
- 7. Mix until well blended.
- 8. Grease 2 small loaf baking tins.
- 9. Add the mixture to the tins and bake for 1 hour. Ask mom to see if has cooked properly; they should be dark brown on top.
- 10. Check if cooked Place pans on a rack and let it cool down before turning it out
More by this Author
A pickled and smoked pork hock, the skin grilled it to a golden brown brittly crunch. Served with mustard sauerkrauet and boiled potatotoes. A German Speciality.
Memeories from childhood, frugality a its best. Makiing use of scraps to produce a three different tasty treats. Lessons fro the 50's which my father had learned in in the 30's when frugality was the order of the...