Easy Sausage Recipes
Oven-baked Sausage and Tomato Risotto
1 tablespoon olive oil
400g (13 oz) Italian or country-style sausages
1 red onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
2 celery stalks, diagonally sliced
400g (13 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Heat oil in a 12-cup flameproof casserole or ovenproof saucepan over medium heat. Fry sausages for 10 minutes, turning until browned and almost cooked. Remove from pan.
2. Add onion to saucepan, add more oil if needed. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes until soft.
3. Slice sausages into bite-size pieces.
4. Add rice and celery to saucepan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring. Add sausages, tomatoes, stock and water. Stir. Remove from heat. Cover with the lid or foil.
5. Transfer dish to the oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, but firm to the bite. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Warm Sausage and Potato Salad
750g (1 1/2 lb) Sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
olive oil cooking spray
2 tablespoons olive oil
500g (1 lb) Chevup beef sausages
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
3/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place potato on tray. Spray with oil. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Add to potato. Add onion and tomatoes to pan and cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Add to sausage mixture with parsley. Toss until well combined.
3. Combine sour cream, mustard and salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon salad onto plates. Serve with sour cream mixture.
8 thick sausages
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 x 415g (13 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup beef stock
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons thyme leaves
Mashed potato and extra thyme, to serve
1. Preheat grill or frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 8 minutes, or until golden. Thickly slice.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until soft. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, stock and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add thyme and sausages. Cook for 10 minutes, or until sausages are heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with mashed potato and extra thyme leaves, if desired.
Easy Sausage Pie
Serves 63 teaspoons olive oil1 brown onion, coarsely grated6 thin beef sausages1 carrot, coarsely grated2 zucchini, coarsely grated1 cup grated tasty cheese1/2 cup plain flour1 1/2 cups milk3 eggs1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F). Grease a 4cm deep, 17.5cm x 24.5cm (base) baking dish.2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until soft. Remove to a bowl. Add sausages to frying pan. Cook for 6 minutes, turning, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Thinly slice. Spoon sausages, onion, carrot, zucchini and cheese over base of baking dish.3. Whisk flour and milk in a bowl until smooth. Add eggs, and salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Pour over sausages. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until set. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
More by this Author
Learn how to grate fresh ginger root (includes selection and storage tips for fresh ginger). Also includes a very quick to make recipe for Ginger Chicken Kebabs using grated ginger.
Using a microwave oven makes quick work of cooking these deliciously easy chicken casseroles. Recipes include Chicken in Red Wine, Gourmet Chicken and Chicken Fricassee with Vegetables.
Learn how to make delicious anish Pastries at home. Includes suggestions for fruit and custard fillings, step-by-step instructions, and a recipe for easy glace icing.
No comments yet.