Eating Fruits for Breakfast
Not everyone is accustomed of eating fruits for breakfast. Some enjoy big breakfast meals. Others are happy with just a cup of coffee. And yet, there are some who are not in the habit of breaking the midnight fast. Eating fruits for breakfast may not be appealing to many, but it's definitely a thing to consider.
Eating fruits for breakfast is a good way to start the day. There are fruits that provide protein, carbohydrates and fats that are components of a hearty breakfast meal. If eating fruits for breakfast alone will not satisfy your hunger, you can eat fruits as a side meal to a more satisfying meal. Eating fruits for breakfast provides fibers and antioxidants that may not be present in the breakfast choice you currently have.
Nutritional benefits of eating fruits for breakfast include:
- antioxidants and phytonutrients like anthocyanins, carotenoids (almost every fruit)
- dietary fiber, e.g. apples, blackberries, pears and watermelons
- carbohydrates, e.g. banana, raisins, dried apricots and pears
- proteins, e.g. guavas, avocado, dried fruits and berries
- fatty lipids, e.g. almonds, avocado
People with high blood pressure may still enjoy fruits for breakfast by choosing fruits with low glycemic index. Fruits with low GCI prevents sudden spikes in our blood sugar level. More so, they don't have negative effects on our triglyceride levels.
Eating fruits for breakfast may be enjoyed with cereals, oats and waffles. Drink fruit juices if you're really not fond of eating fruits for breakfast. Orange and grapejuice juices go well with a club sandwich or bagel. You can make eating fruits for breakfast fun by mixing up crunchy, sweet fruits in a bowl.
7 Quick breakfast ideas on eating fruits for breakfast:
- piece of banana with a glass of milk
- Sliced banana with oatmeal
- Sliced watermelons and yogurt
- Club sandwich and a side of sliced papaya
- A bowl of sliced of apples, pears, strawberries, berries and nuts
- #5 with yogurt and a dash of cinnamon
- Bagel with cream cheese and a side of sliced melons
Choose the fruits you like to eat for breakfast. Mix them up to have a more enjoyable meal. Eating fruits for breakfast is not straightforward. You can have fun with the fruits' colors, textures and flavors. Needless to say, eating fruits for breakfast need not be boring. It doesn't have to be costly; and is hardly time consuming.
Enjoy your breakfast with fruits!
More by this Author
Have you heard of the delicious amaranth leaves? Know their health benefits here.
What are the types of red meats? How can we enjoy eating more of them?
Know the health benefits of munggo beans here.