Eggless Ginger Loaf
Ingredients for Eggless Ginger Loaf
I used to make this ginger loaf a lot when the children were little. It was easy to make and something substantial for them, sliced and buttered. One of my nephews was extremely allergic to egg, so he didn't have to miss out, when I had this on hand.
1/4 lb or 125gm of butter
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 cup of milk
2 small tsp baking soda
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 large cups of flour
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan on the stove. If you prefer you can melt these ingredients in the microwave in a microwave suitable bowl.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the milk.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Now mix in alternate amounts of milk/baking soda mixture and dry ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around 50 to 60 minutes, or until a skewer when inserted into loaf comes out clean.
This loaf usually takes a little under an hour to cook, but depending on your oven - mine is not a fan bake, it could take less time. It might pay to keep an eye on it for the first time. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have over the years.
More by this Author
To be healthy we need to eat more alkaline foods than acid. Generally fruits and vegetables are alkaline and bread, wheat meat and sugar are acid.
Hermangiosacrcoma otherwise known as cancer of the spleen is typically a poor prognosis cancer for dogs. If you get lucky your dog may only have a benign tumour on his spleen.
The symptoms for thyroid malfunction can easily be mistaken for other conditions such as allergies, menopause and depression. It is important to insist on a blood test to determine whether this is the cause of your...