How to Make an Egg Salad Sandwich
There are so many different ways that one can make an egg salad sandwich. The following recipe can be altered by adding the spices that you prefer.
Chop up your ingredients
- 6 large eggs, boiled
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper
- all seasoning salt
- Place 6 large eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and cook for ten minutes. Once the eggs are cooked remove from heat and rinse under cold water. Let the eggs cool for about five minutes. Tap the eggs gently on either end and give them a little roll on the counter in the palm of your hand. Peel and chop the eggs and place into a bowl.
- Add chopped celery, onions, and spices. Mix and then blend mayonnaise into the mixture. Spoon onto bread or a wrap and enjoy.
- Eggs And Health The Nutrient Facts And Content In An Egg
How many eggs are good for you to eat every day? There are so many nutrients in the content of one egg. Not so bad for you after all.
Options Add Tuna
Many times I find that I need to make one or two extra sandwiches, and I will add a can of tuna to the egg salad to stretch it out farther. This gives it a bit of a different taste but is quite good.
Other things you may want to add:
- Chopped green pepper
- Chopped dill or sweet pickles
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- When I make this for a wrap I always add romaine lettuce.
More Sandwich Ideas
Grilled Cheese with Bologna and sliced onion has always been a big hit with my children. I've never owned a sandwich grill and have always made these in a frying pan.
Butter two slices of bread placing one piece of bread butter side down on a hot frying pan. Place cheese, bologna and a thick slice of onion on top of the bread. Top with the other slice of bread buttered side facing up. Cook on medium heat and flip after 4 minutes. Continue cooking until the bread is a golden brown and you can see that the cheese has melted.
Hot Dog Sandwich
Don't have any hot dog buns. You can still enjoy a hot dog by using two slices of bread. Cook the hot dogs and slice once they are done. Place on bread and top with your favorite condiments. You can also simply wrap the bread around the hot dog.
My Favorite Veggie Sandwich/Wrap or Stuffed Pita
On a large whole wheat or flour tortilla or place cucumber and tomato slices along with romaine or your favorite lettuce, a few thin slices of onion and a touch of mayonnaise. Roll or fold up the tortilla and enjoy. Other additions that taste great on this sandwich wrap are green peppers, avocado slices, green and or black olives, cheese, and alfalfa sprouts.
Turkey or Chicken Salad Sandwich
Chop up cooked turkey or chicken with diced celery and onion. Add mayonnaise, fresh ground pepper, and any other spices you may like such as all seasoning salt or garlic powder. Stir and serve on sliced bread, buns or in a wrap. Fresh cranberry sauce is quite good on this sandwich too.
Whole Wheat Pita
More by this Author
Easy and fast recipe for Nachos. Guacamole recipe included. Make as an appetizer or have as a meal. Cheesy, spicy and delicious.
Easy to follow recipe that can be on the table in forty five minutes. Made with a honey garlic sauce making the chicken moist and flavorful.
In this easy to follow recipe I've added other ingredients to Zatarain's Jambalaya mix to make it go further and feed more people. Pictures included with recipe.