Easy Overnight French Toast Recipes: How To Make Overnight Eggnog French Toast
Eggnog French Toast
Combining french toast with the wonderful flavors of eggnog makes for a wonderful breakfast recipe but what I love about this most of all is being able to prepare it ahead the night before and pop it in the oven.
Serve this with real maple syrup, but if you want to get 'clever' , any kind of fruit butter such as peach butter or apple butter, a dusting of powdered sugar or fresh chunked applesauce or peach slices.
For another delicious variation on overnight french toast, try peach french toast.
RECIPE FOR OVERNIGHT EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST
24 slices - serves 12-15
To serve 6-8, cut the recipe in half and just use 1 cookie sheet.
- 9 eggs (or substitute egg substitute - 2-1/4 cups)
- 3 cups half and half or milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 24 3/4-inch slices French bread, Italian bread, challah or any other bread suitable for french toast
- Cooking spray
- Use vegetable spray to lightly spray two 10 x 15 cookie sheets.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, spices and vanilla - whisk together completely.
- Place bread slices on 2 cookie sheets.
- Pour egg mixture over slices.
- Lift, turn and move the slices until all liquid is absorbed into the bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In morning, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake at 500 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn over slices and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve plain, top with chunky applesauce or other fruit, apple butter, peach butter, or maple syrup.
Who Knew French Toast Had Its Own Song?
More French Toast Recipes
- Eggnog Recipes - Cookies, French Toast, Cheesecake &...
There's nothing like a good, cold glass of eggnog at Christmas and/or New Years. Here are some eggnog recipes, including eggnog cookies, cheesecake, and waffles. Creamy Eggnog Punch 8 cups prepared eggnog...
- Basic French Toast and Basic Common Sense
Good morning breakfastpoppers. Today is Monday, September 7, 2009. Today is Common Sense Monday and our breakfast choice will be a basic, no nonsense french toast. If you want to join me, you will need 10-12...
- How to Make Quick French Toast
Use up your stale bread, get a couple of eggs, a cup of milk, some syrup and a tablespoon of butter and you have yourself the breakfast staple we all know as French Toast. It's the easiest of breakfast...
- Quick and Easy French Toast Recipe
French toast may also be referred to as griddle bread or lost bred, but it's always going to be just plain old french toast. Some kids love it, some eat it, and some just plain refuse it. I'm not a big fan...
- Several Different Ways to Make French Toast
French toast is a great food be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It offers grains and proteins and can be served in several different ways offering you a wide range of options. Be it smoothered in syrup or...
- French Toast Sandwich with Elephants
After an acquaintance dyed cake batter black unbeknownst to us, frosted it with red icing, cut and served it to us, broke into gales of screaming laughter and rolled on the floor, I thought
- 5 Tips to Making Better French Toast. Brunch Recipes...
Most people know how to make French Toast, few people know how to make GREAT French Toast! Here are 5 secrets to better French Toast everytime.
- Fabulous Grand Marnier French Toast
This is an awesome recipe. I can't remember where I first got it, I think it was from a friend of my daughter's. Anyhow, it was a Long time ago and I've changed it many times since then. It's a favorite of my...
More by this Author
This is a great version of a fantastically delicious quiche - Spinach Quiche. This is a favorite offering on breakfast and brunch menus and one of my personal favorites. This recipe is from the Everyday Gourmet...
You can make a jumbo or extra large muffin from any muffin recipe out there. You just have to know how to tweak the recipe in terms of baking time and amount you put in the pan. If you don't have a jumbo muffin pan,...
Learn how to groom an Alaskan Malamute from bathing to tools needed to properly care for this double-coated breed's coat.