Crispy Pumpkin Bread
The perfect addition to soups, salads or your BBQ
Makes 2 small loafs or 12 small dinner rolls
Preparation: approx. 20 minutes
Rising: approx. 60 minutes
Baking: approx. 30 minutes
300 grams pumpkin purée
2 tbsp brown sugar
100 ml warm water
500 grams unbleached flour
1 tsp salt
1 packet instant yeast
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Mix together the pumpkin purée, sugar and the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt & yeast. Add the pumpkin mixture and work to a soft dough. If necessary, add a little more water. Knead thoroughly until smooth.
- Add Pumpkin seeds and knead until well mixed.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave in warm place until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 200° C. /400° F.
- Knock the dough back down and knead briefly again. Cut dough into 2 identical pieces and shape into round loafs. With a sharp knife cut a grid pattern into the tops.
- Bake for approx. 25-30 minutes at 200° C. /400° F. until the top is nicely browned. (Dinner rolls approx. 20 minutes)
- Cool on rack covered with a tea towel.
This Bread is best served fresh out the oven or lightly toasted. Use within 1-2 days.
Goes well with soups or salads.
Other pumpkin recipes by Novascotiamiss
- Easy Pumpkin & Tomato Dip
There's more to pumpkin than just pumpkin pie. You can use your leftover pumpkin puree to make this amazingly easy dip.
- Raw pumpkin, beet and sauerkraut salad
The health benefits of pumpkin, beet and sauerkraut are amazing. Combined together this tasty salad is a vitamin bomb that will help you fight off the flue as well as the winter blues.
More by this Author
Most European visitors to North America will feel intimidated during their first few restaurant visits as the restaurant cultures are not only continents but worlds apart. While eating out is a social occasion in...
Fruit snacks are very fashionable these days. But do we really know what they contain? Are they really healthy, or are we just stuffing ourselves with unhealthy additives, artificial color and allergens? This article...
It is very important that you take your thyroid medication at least 30-60 minutes before your breakfast with a glass of water. Furthermore you should avoid certain foods or drinks that may interact with the absorption....