Evening Snacks Recipe Indian: Prawns Fry
If you liked the Prawns Fry recipe, please vote
Evening snack recipe: Prawns Fry
In our local market we get prawns for reasonable price. That I consider one advantage of staying closer to Arabian Sea. The small prawns are used in curries as well as fry. The marinated prawns dipped in bason and fried is an attraction for children. If you are searching for an evening snacks recipe, you have come to the right place. Fried prawns, phulka roti and some fruits will make a complete evening food for children. In this part of the country, school timings are from morning till evening. A relaxed meal my children usually take is the evening food.
- 1 medium size Onion, Chopped
- 3 or 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, Powdered or whole
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- One small piece Ginger, Chopped
- As required Salt
- 200 grams Prawns, Washed and cleaned
- 100 grams Bason, Powder
- Oil, One teaspoon to mix the bason and 200 ml to fry prawns
- Remove the head and legs, peel the shells attached to the body.. Squeeze the tail out of the body. To devein, either make a slit along the back of the body or carefully pull the vein out from the head end. wash thoroughly.
- Mix the ingredients for marinate in a mixer grinder adding the required amount of salt
- Once thoroughly mixed, mix the prawns with the marinate. Keep aside for 20 minutes
- Prepare the bason (gram flour) by adding a pinch of salt and one teaspoon of oil
- Mix the bason thoroughly with salt and oil. Then add water to give it a thick consistency.
- When it is time, take out the prawns. Heat the oil in a pan(kadai). Fry the prawns after dipping in beson once the oil is hot.
Step 1: Cleaning the prawns
Preparing the marinate for Prawns Fry
Mixing the Beson
Dip the marinated Prawns into the besan mix before frying
Frying the prawns in a pan
Fried Prawns served with Phulka Roti and Fruits
More by this Author
This hub has few multiple choice questions on prostate cancer which is a common cancer among men. This helps as a guide for medical, nursing and para-medical students to prepare for tests and intervie
Coriander root recipes are not very common in southern India. many people don't know how to use coriander root. This recipe tells about the modification of a common daal preparation using coriander roots.
Awareness about symptoms of cancer or warning signs of cancer empower you in the early detection of cancer. If you come across any one with these symptoms, let a doctor know it as early as possible