Evil Fortunes Found In Fortune Cookies...
A few months ago, my Wife and I were dining out at a popular Chinese food restaurant and when the check came, so did the customary fortune cookies. I've always thought that fortune cookies are kind of a paradox - not quite a dessert but missed if they aren't there after finishing your Kung-Pao chicken... Personally, I find them to be rather bland considering the fascinating history of their origins, yet I do find them to be a fun and quirky way to wrap up a good meal. All that said, fortunes found inside the cookie are supposed to be positive affirmations of luck, wealth and happiness, right? Not always...
On this particular evening, my Wife opened her fortune cookie to discover a rather unusual fortune. It said, and I quote, "Work on improving your exercise routine." Hmm... Not exactly a positive message for a woman to get after consuming probably 600 calories worth of chow mein. We laughed the message off but that got me thinking - how many other evil fortunes are out there in cookie land?
After talking with a few people about this evil fortune cookie we found, I decided to create my own list of fortunes that could traumatize a person and here it is:
- You will soon be hit by a large moving object.
- They only laugh because you are the boss.
- May the pork-fried rice you just ate not give you abdominal cramps or diarrhea.
- You're adopted.
- You will recieve mislabeled medication that has adverse side effects.
- Your Mother is obligated to love you. That's why she's nice to you.
- Only your Mom knows who your real Dad is.
- May you get a contagious rash.
- There was a mix-up at the hospital. You married your cousin.
- You Monster! Why did you eat my home?!
- This paper contains anthrax.
- May you not have ingested one of the roaches from the kitchen.
- What're YOU looking at?!
- Really? You wore THAT in public?!
- You've been served...
More by this Author
Psychological egoism is the view that humans are always motivated by rational self interest, even in what seem to be acts of altruism. This can be defined by either ethical egoism (the view that the individual should...
Let's admit it. Work can be rather... boring? It sure can! We've all suffered the doldrums of cubicle hell, but I present to you here a sure-fire list of things you can do to "liven up" your place of...