An Easy Recipe for Fall Off The Bone Baby Back Ribs
This simple method of preparing baby back ribs is guaranteed to have you coming back for seconds! I learned to cook ribs this way from my mother.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 racks of baby back ribs, uncooked
- Barbecue sauce of your choice
Wow, only two ingredients! This sounds easy already! Make sure to plan ahead because these ribs are slow cooked and take about 3 ½ hours to reach their full fall-off-the-bone potential.
Follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut each rack of ribs in half, making four smaller racks of ribs.
- Divide the ribs into two 9x13 glass dishes. Try not to overlap.
- Cover each dish with foil.
- Bake the ribs covered at 250 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and discard the foil.
- Transfer the ribs from the glass dish onto the grill. Barbecue over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- During the last ten minutes, brush generously with barbecue sauce.
Much of the flavor of these ribs depends on your choice of barbecue sauce, so make sure to use your favorite, whether it comes from a bottle or your own recipe. My family's favorite bottled sauce is Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle. It's sweet but has a spicy zing that leaves your lips tingling. The time spent in the oven makes the meat so tender. Be careful when you transfer them to the grill because they might fall right off the bones! Enjoy these ribs at your next barbecue!
More by this Author
Tips for starting a personal grocery shopping business.
The History of Rice Krispies Treats Rice Krispies treats have been a childhood favorite for decades. Their origin can be traced back to the mid 19th century when puffed grain was mixed with molasses and pressed into...
Find out what HIPAA really is and how it's designed to protect your personal information.