Fast & Easy Shrimp Tacos
Time for TACOS!!! (^-^)
This shrimp-tacular recipe for tacos is fast, easy, AND low-calorie! That's right, you can make restaurant-quality Mexican food for half the price and none of the guilt. Margaritas not included.
- 1/2 bag Medium shrimp, peeled & deveined, (approx. 112 pcs.)
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1.5 cups Onions, diced
- 10 sprigs Cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups Purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 3 cloves Fresh garlic, miced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 package Kraft Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bottle Salsa Brava Hot Sauce
- 15 tortillas La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Fiber & Flax Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Dice onions & chop cilantro. Toss the two ingredients together in a bowl & set aside.
- Shred cabbage. Place in a bowl & set aside.
- Create a lime crema by mixing together sour cream and lime juice. Set aside.
- Sauté shrimp, with olive oil and minced garlic, in a large pan on medium heat. Season with a dash of black pepper (optional).
- Add taco seasoning to shrimp and stir (you may add a tsp. or so of water if the sauce becomes too thick).
- Once shrimp is thoroughly-coated, remove from heat. Place in a covered serving bowl & set aside.
- Warm tortillas (low-medium heat) in a small, lightly-greased pan (you may use olive oil, lard, butter, or- my personal favorite- bacon grease).
- Create a foil-pouch to keep the tortillas warm while cooking. Once all tortillas are heated, you're ready to start building!
- Build your tacos... Tortilla + shrimp mix + veggies + lime crema + salsa brava + cheese = 151 calorie taco!!!
- BONUS: You can either build & serve in 3-taco servings OR set up a taco-bar (with all ingredients & condiments laid out) for a taco customizing party...ENJOY!! d(^-^)b
TattooKitty's Shrimp Tacos
|Serving size: 3 Tacos|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Carbohydrates 49 g||16%|
|Sugar 10 g|
|Protein 36 g||72%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Candy lei gifts are great for any holiday! This illustrated guide will show you how to make these delicious (and fashionable) garlands. Also includes a step-by-step video.
An illustrated guide on how to make Hawaii-inspired fried rice. Includes step-by-step photographs, links to ingredients, and a video to help you make your own ONO (tasty) fried rice creation!
A collection of tattoo designs and ideas to help you display your love for autumn year-round.