Fast and Easy Yogurt Pie
Tell Me What You Think!
I began making yogurt pie when I was a teenager. I had found the recipe either in a magazine or maybe even on a Cool Whip container. It has always been one of my favorite desserts - both for the ease of making it and the delicious creamy taste.
My children grew up loving yogurt pie, and I still make it. (We won't worry about how many years later that is!) If you enjoy cheesecake style treats with graham cracker crust, you will probably love the yogurt pie. It is not nearly has heavy as cheesecake, and is a great topper to your spring and summer grilled suppers. Enjoy!
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust, Prepared
- 2 containers Strawberry Yogurt, May use any fruit flavor
- 8 oz Cool Whip
Clear Pyrex mixing bowls are perfect for mixing your yogurt pie.
Mix your yogurt pie and smooth it into the crust with a good rubber spatula.
Use a prepared graham cracker crust to make this simple yogurt pie.
Strawberry Yogurt Pie Instructions
- Gather your cooking supplies. You will need a clear mixing bowl and a rubber spatula to make this pie.
- Thaw cool whip in refrigerator until smooth and ready to serve.
- Add Cool Whip to your clear Pyrex mixing bowl and stir. Remove any lumps. Be sure that Cool Whip is creamy and easily stirred.
- Add two containers of strawberry yogurt. Stir until completely blended. There should be no white streaks of Cool Whip in the mixture.
- Pour yogurt mixture into prepared graham cracker crust. Gently smooth the mixture into the shell. With your rubber spatula, gently swirl the top of the pie.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Slice and serve as is or garnish with fresh sliced or whole strawberries for a deliciously easy dessert!
Strawberry Yogurt Pie Nutritional Information
|Serving size: 1/8 of pie|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 19 g|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Sodium 136 mg||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Yogurt Pie Instructional Video
What's Your Pleasure?
What flavor of yogurt will you use in your yogurt pie?See results without voting
Suggestions for Serving Yogurt Pie
- Pot Luck Dinners - When you need a quick dish to take to your pot luck dinner of office luncheon, the yogurt pie is sure to be a hit! Pick up the ingredients on the way home from work; stir it together; and let it chill overnight. Your dish will be among the favorites!
- Summer Family Reunions - Consider making one or more yogurt pies (depending on how many are in your family) and taking to your family reunion. Or, make them even more scrumptious by using individual tart size graham cracker shells to make serving easy and fun!
- Summer Grilling - End your grilled supper indoors or on the patio with a serving of cool, creamy and delicious yogurt pie. Everyone will love this light and tasty dessert!
More by this Author
Hash brown potatoes are a traditional breakfast favorite and are super easy and quick to make. Try this perfect-every-time-no-fail recipe to learn how to make beautiful crispy golden hash browns!
Typically made with white rice, the Spanish rice can be easily made with wholegrain brown rice. Adapted from my mother's recipe, this recipe for Spanish Brown Rice is simple and delicious!
Learn useful strategies for coping with a lack of motivation if you are experiencing depression.