Faux Apple Pie - Baked Apple Recipe
Turn an Ordinary Apple Into an Indulgent Treat
It is a chilly day here in Texas and I was craving something warm, comforting...and sweet! Since we are not big dessert eaters in my house, having only the occasional bag of Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies around, I grabbed for an apple. A cold apple that was in my fridge. Hmmm. Sweet, but not quite warm and comforting, so I decided to bake it with some cinnamon. I quickly realized that cinnamon alone was not going to satisfy my craving, so I decided to make the recipe below which reminds me of an apple pie, definitely warm and comforting.
- 1 Apple, of your choice. I used a Gala Apple
- Sprinkling of Cinnamon, enough to cover apple halves
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar, more or less depending on size of apple
- 2 Teaspoons Oatmeal, more or less depending on size of apple
- 2 or 3 Pecan Halves, chopped - optional
- 2 Pats Butter, or non-dairy alternative
- Cut apple in half and core. Also make a few slices with your knife to the fleshy part of each apple half so the ingredients can sink down into it.
- Sprinkle each apple half with the cinnamon, then layer on the brown sugar, oatmeal and nuts (if using).
- Make a foil boat and place apple halves inside.
- Add a small pat of butter on top of each apple half to keep the oatmeal moist. Do not cover.
- Cook in pre-heated Toaster Oven at 375 for 40 - 45 minutes. After 40 minutes, test doneness with a knife. If you desire a softer apple, you can cook it for another 5 - 10 minutes, just close up the foil a bit so the toppings don't dry out.
Prepare for Serving
- Remove the baked apple halves from the Toaster Oven.
- Carefully transfer the baked apple halves to a plate or bowl.
- Spoon remaining juices over each apple half.
Spices from Amazon
More by this Author
Super Stop® Cigarette Holder claims to reduce tar and nicotine and give excellent smoking pleasure. Read here to see if the claim holds true.
The intoxicating pleasures of patchouli oil
Meditation can be used to protect oneself from external pressures or stresses. we can use meditation techniques to protect ourselves from the negative affects certain people or situations have on us.