Festive Pumpkin Cheesecake
Please rate this recipe!
If you are looking for the perfect pumpkin pie alternative, this dessert is it! Pumpkin, spices, and rich cream cheese make a light and creamy dessert that will leave all of your guests pleased. Make this dessert for your next party or holiday get together.
Read more about how to make fresh pumpkin puree here: How to Make Fresh Pumpkin Puree
Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter, melted
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
- 3 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 3 large eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a small bowl then pour into your 9" spring form pan. Press crumbs into the bottom of the pan evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin then the eggs, beating well after each addition. Mix in the sour cream, sugar, and spices. Add the vanilla and flour last.Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well to avoid cream cheese chunks.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Tap it on the counter to fill in evenly. Place pan in the oven, and also add a cookie sheet or piece of foil under your pan to catch the moisture that cooks off your cake.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until cake is set. Let cool for 15 minutes then cover with plastic wrap and refridgerate overnight. Serve plain or topped with whipped cream.
Spring form pans:
More by this Author
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...