Fettuccine My Way
I love this fast easy dish made with the Italian egg pasta that looks like "Little Ribbons". In fact if you cannot find Fettuccine pasta you can always substitute it with egg noodles. I enjoy watching my family exclaim how decadent, rich and creamy the sauce is. You cannot get this taste in a jar, so try it!
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 quart Half & Half
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 clove Garlic, may substitute powder
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 package Fettuccine noodles
- Boil Fettuccine noodles per package directions. Drain and place in serving bowl.
- In a small bowl stir the egg yolk into the Half & Half.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter then add minced garlic, parsley and flour. Stir for two minutes.
- Add the egg mixture slowly into the saucepan constantly stirring until thickened.
- Pour this over the cooked noodles, add Parmesan cheese, toss and serve immediately.