"Cheater" Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe (Using Bottled Mix)
Easy and Quicker Cooking
For a "cheater's" version of the delicious Chicken Adobo, try to find a Filipino/Asian store near you. They should have the the Mama Sita brand bottled Adobo Marinade. (For an alternative, you can purchase the powdered seasonings on eBay or Amazon; there should be recipes on the package.)
- 1-2 lbs. Chicken Parts (with or without skin)
- One bottle Mama Sita's Adobo Marinade
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil or any Cooking Oil for frying
- Bay Leaves
- 4-6 cups Cooked White Rice
- Cut chicken parts to desired size (whole parts or chunks).
- Marinate chicken in the Mama Sita sauce for about 20 minutes.
- Fry the marinated chicken in oil until golden brown (medium-high heat), about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Sautee garlic using the same frying pan (reduce to medium heat as to not burn).
- Return heat to medium-high. Put the fried chicken back in the pan with the marinade. Add more sauce as desired.
- Test the sauce; if it's too salty you can dilute with water. Add a few bay leaves and peppercorn as desired.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes half-covered until chicken is tender and the juices have come out.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Serve with white rice.
Mama Sita's Adobo Seasoning Mix on Amazon
More by this Author
At our wedding, my husband's best friend (the best man) made the toast. During his speech he said, "I work at a hospital and get to meet all kinds of people. One of the things that I've learned from older men when...
My personal experience and advice for weaning off the anti-depressant, Cymbalta.
If you're the average toy dog owner, it might be safe to say that your Shih Tzu has two main purposes in your life: to provide unconditional love and friendship, and to be the little cute thing that makes you happy....
No comments yet.