Filipino-Style Linguine With Sardines
Linguine is a type of pasta that is slightly wider than spaghetti but thinner than fetuccine.
Also called trenette or bavette, it means "little tongues" in Italian.
It came from the Italian region of Liguria where the pasta is best used in their Linguine with clams (Linguine alle vongole) and Trenette al pesto recipes.
You will need this multi-cooker for cooking your pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps garlic
- 1/4 cups shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsps parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (optional) sun dried tomatoes
- 2 bottles sardines, in tomato sauce, chopped, saved sauce
- salt and pepper according to taste
- 1 leaf pechay, julienne
- 300 g pasta, cooked al dente
- garlic and shallots, fried
- lat leaf parsley of wansuy
- Heat olive oil.
- Sautee garlic, shallots and sun dried tomatoes
- Add parsley.
- Add the sardines with the sauce.
- Add the pasta and pechay then toss and season.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of pasta water just enough to add moisture to the noodles.
- Garnish with fried garlic, shallots, parsely or wansuy.
Health benefits of sardines
- Canned sardines help maintain healthy nerves and promotes normal brain function as it contains vitamin B especially niacin and vitamin B12.
- It helps promotes healthy heart which can be attriibuted to its rich omega-3 fatty acids content.
- It contains significant amounts of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron and selenium
- Sardines is also a rich source of proteins which helps build muscles and repairs damaged cells and tissues of the body, and vitamin D which is important in keeping our bones strong by helping in the absorption of calcium in the body.
© 2013 WAHmom
More by this Author
The milkfish is a type of salt-water fish that is abundant in the waters of the Pacific and Indian Oceans and tend to live close to the islands, coasts and coral reefs. It is an important source of food of people from...
Chicken is the most commonly-used fowl for food. Chickens are easy to raise and the meat is very cheap. Chickens are a very rich source of protein, the substance that is important for building muscles. They are also...
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins whose important components are carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. There are 22 amino acids, 9 of which are called essential amino acids because it is...