Recipe | Fish With Yogurt
Bengali name : Doi Maach
This is another mouth watering Bengali dish. It is also very simple to cook. You must try it!
INGREDIENTS ( Serves for 3-4)
- Rohu (Sweet water fish) Fish fillets cleaned ½ kg
- Yogurt 200 gm
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Clarified butter 25 gm
- Cloves 2 nos
- Green cardamom 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick 1 no
- Bay leaf 1 no
- Black peppercorns 5 nos
- Chopped Onion 100 gms
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp
- Raisins (soaked cleaned with water) 25 gm
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish fillets for half an hour with turmeric powder and half the yogurt.
- Heat the clarified butter and fry the fish fillets till it is almost done. Remove the fish and keep it in a separate dish.
- Add cloves, green cardamons, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and peppercorn in the remaining clarified butter. Sauté for a while.
- Add chopped onion and ginger paste. Cook till onion gets brown.
- Add remaining yogurt, red chilli powder and a cup of water.
- Add fried fish fillets and cook in low flames for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and raisins.
Serve with fine rice.
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...
No comments yet.