Bengali Recipe -Fish Wrapped in Banana Leaf (Leaves)
- Rohu Fish 500 gm (If Rohu is not available you can use any other fish of your choice)
- Mustard paste 50 Gms (Although homemade mustard paste is better, but you can use readymade mustard paste also)
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Green chili 2 no chopped
- Mustard oil 4 tsp
- Green and fresh banana leaves for wrapping
- Salt to taste
Clean the fish pieces properly
Take the mustard paste in bowl
- Add turmeric powder, green chilies, salt and oil and make a fine paste
- Apply the paste on both sides of each fish pieces
- Wrap it with the banana leaf and tie it with clean sewing thread
- Steam it in a steamer or in an Idly cooker for 10 minutes
- Serve hot with rice
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...