Food As A Sensual Pleasure
I am not a good cook but I am a star with food. I am one of those women for whom food is a vital part of sex. In my fridge you will find homemade ginger and lemon jam, fresh whipped cream, champagne for drinking and cheap sparkling wine for fooling around. My kitchen cupboards have chocolate spread, honey, candied orange and ginger covered in dark chocolate to energize tired lovers. And finally, my fruit basket is always bursting with fresh seasonal fruits, that I use for starters, games and for opening the appetite not only for food but for fun.
Food and sex in the Bible
Unbelievable as it might sound, the Bible is one of the first books that used food with a sexual connotation to describe lovers. Throughout the Song of Solomon, the male and female narrators compare one another to fruits and other foods. The man is compared to a "bed of spices" and the woman's breasts are described as "clusters of grapes". They use figs, grapes, vines, and pomegranates to describe their love for each other. Other foods mentioned in the exchange include honey, milk, saffron, and cinnamon.
"Food is the most primitive form of comfort"
“There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” George Bernard Shaw
“Food is the most primitive form of comfort.” Sheila Graham
“Fast sex, like fast food, is cheap, but it doesn't nourish the body - or the soul”. Suzanne Fields
9 1/2 Weeks food game
Some tips to use food as part of your love routine
- Food play can take place anywhere to start foreplay. Do you remember the cult scene from 9 ½ weeks where the couple play with food on the floor next to an open fridge? That is one of the most sensual scenes I have ever seen.
- If you are taking food to your bed, use an old sheet to cover your bed linen, that way you can play freely without worrying about staining your silk sheets.
- Start adding food slowly to your love life. You can start with a classic romantic dinner; the trick being to concentrate on the food and its sensual aspect. Teach yourself and your partner to savour the food, don’t just eat it quickly to go to the next step, enjoy the flavours, and try to decode the ingredients in a dish. In European countries like Spain, France and Italy dinner time extends for hours, people sit at the table and talk about the food they are eating. Food is a very important part in the lives of people, not only as a nutritional act but as a sensual activity. Have you ever noticed that in every French film food always precedes love making?
- One of my favourite drinks is champagne. I believe that a glass of champagne adds sparkle to any occasion. Don’t just drink it from a flute, be more adventurous and drink it from your lover’s body. The feeling of the cold liquid running through his body and your hot tongue licking before it disappears will drive him to ecstasies. The best places to pour your champagne are the little “hole” between his neck and shoulder, his chest, and I think you can find your own hidden places now. Another original way to use your champagne is to have a drink of it and keep a bit in your mouth just before you are going to give him some special treatment down below. He will feel the sparkles tickling him in his most sensitive part!
- I you feel adventurous, and you are not afraid of the ridicule, why not invite your lover for a meal and wait for him on the table. Use your naked body as a big platter, like the Japanese Nyotaimori but instead of serving sushi and raw fish on your body –it is not really aphrodisiacal to kiss a woman’s body that smells and tastes of fish- decorate yourself with fresh fruits, the more exotic the better. The only rule is that he cannot use his hands to eat, he must pick up the fruits from your body with his mouth.
- Serve the dessert on his body. The only requirement for this game is strong dining furniture and a can of tinned fruits. Once you have finished eating bring to the table some canned fruit like peaches or litchis. Sit on top of him, open his shirt and start kissing him. Take some fruit in your hands and crush then on his chest, lick the juices before they start running too low. Eat the puree that you’ve just created from his body and be prepared for him to do the same to you on the table.
Foods That You Can Take To Bed:
- For the classics, whipped cream. A true classic that can be applied everywhere and has the advantage that it does not stain your sheets.
- Strawberries and raspberries that can be used to decorate a body painted with whipped cream.
- Chocolate spread, honey and jam.
Ice cubes to refresh and add a change in temperature.
- If you like salty snacks try some Parma ham and mild cheese.
Aphrodisiac Foods: Eat Your Way to Ecstasy
Foods To Avoid In Bed:
• Any kind of food that needs to be eaten hot. It will either taste bad because it is not hot enough or it could cause burns in the heat of passion.
• Potato and tortilla chips. The crumbs are not nice on the skin and are a nuisance in bed.
• Chilli peppers, you might end up regretting taking them to bed.
Always make sure that you are aware of any food allergies your partner might have. It is not romantic to end up in a hospital because you food poisoned your date!
I had a friend who thought that a Seafood menu with plenty of raw seafood to awaken the appetites would just score a point with her newly found boyfriend. Unfortunately he had not told her yet about his allergy to mussels and they spent the next few days in hospital. Needless to say their relationship finished there, although the seafood still had an aphrodisiac effect on him. A few weeks later my friend heard that he was going out with a nurse from the ER services. I am sure that wasn’t what she was thinking about when she prepared her aphrodisiac feast.
Do you include food as part of your foreplay?See results without voting
The Sex Life of Food: When Body and Soul Meet to Eat
More by this Author
Tips on how to care for your latex clothes
The ultimate fashion accessory, Ballet boots are a type of footwear that merges the ultimate high heel with the pointy shoe. The ballet boot’s heel can be around 18 cm. (7 inches) or more.
I like a challenge, I like the “hunting game” and I take special delight in seducing and being seduced. Seducing a man is fun when he plays the game, but how to seduce a man who does not even dare look at you in...