French Toast 101, How To Make French Toast And Enjoy Its Wonderful Flavor.
French Toast Recipe
French Toast Sticks - Fun Breakfast Recipes
Delicious French Toast Bake
French Toast Bake Recipe
Here we have a delicious French Toast Bake. I like to make this out of either Cinnamon Raisin Bread or Sourdough Bread. However you do it you need to cut the loaf of bread up into very small cubes. Yes you use a whole loaf of bread.
One really good thing about this casserole is you can make it the night before and leave it in the refrigerator overnight before you cook it in the morning.
Ingredients Needed For Your French Toast Bake
1. One Loaf Of Cinnamon Raisin Bread Or Sourdough Bread.
2. Eight Large Eggs.
3. Two Cups Whole Milk.
4. One Half Cup Heavy Cream.
5. One Half Cup White Granulated Sugar.
6. Two Teaspoons Vanilla Extract.
For The Topping You Will Need
1. One Half Cup Cold Butter Cut In Very Small Pieces.
2. One Half Cup Self Rising Flour.
3. One Half Cup Brown Sugar.
4. One Teaspoon Cinnamon.
Instructions For Making Your French Toast Bake
1. Cut your loaf of bread up into one inch cubes and place into a 13"X9" baking pan that you have sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix together your eggs, milk, heavy cream, white granulated sugar, and the vanilla extract. Mix it up very well with a wire whisk and then pour evenly over the cut up bread cubes in the prepared baking pan. Cover your pan with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator over night.
3. Now mix together your flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large zip lock bag and mix in the cut up butter gradually until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Zip the bag closed and put it in the refrigerator over night.
4. The next morning take the pan and zip lock bag out of the refrigerator and pour the topping in the pan over the bread cubes.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Don't overcook. Let it set for about 10 minutes before you dish it up and serve it.
French Toast Recipe
Have you ever wondered how to make French Toast. Well if you have we have for you here the most wonderful recipe for French Toast you will ever make and it really isn't hard at all to make this French Toast Recipe.
If you've never had French Toast made out of Cinnamon Raisin Bread then you should. It has some of the most wonderful flavor your ever going to taste.
You will need for your French Toast Recipe.
1. Older loaf bread but I tell you if you really want the very best French Toast buy a loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Bread like on Monday if you are planning to make French Toast on Saturday or Sunday morning. It will then make some of the best French Toast you will ever eat.
2. 3 Large Eggs
3. 1 Tablespoon Of Sugar
4. 1 Tablespoon of Real Vanilla Extract
5. 1 Cup Of Whole Milk
Mix your eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and milk in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until very well blended. Dip your slices of loaf bread or slices of cinnamon raisin bread into the mixture a piece at a time and take it from the bowl to an already hot pan with margarine or butter melted in it. Cook your slices of bread until golden brown on both sides. Serve at once with hot maple syrup and a shaker of powdered sugar.
Make Your French Toast Unique
We sometimes take Gingerbread Boy Cookie Cutters and cut out Gingerbread Boys from slices of Cinnamon Raisin Bread before dipping it into the egg milk mixture. You could of course use any cookie cutter you wanted to. Try serving hot applesauce, blueberries, strawberries and cool whip on the side. You can make it into quite a festive breakfast party if you want to.
How About Unique Fried Eggs To Go With Your French Toast
Serve unique fried eggs on the side by breaking your eggs into cookie cutters in the pan where you are frying them. The kids and or your guests will be amazed. You need the kind of cookie cutters that are forms only with nothing in the center. I have even used Christmas Trees at Christmas or Liberty Bells at July 4th. Kids especially get excited about the unique fried egg shapes.
Don't be afraid to think outside the box and experiment a little bit to come up with some unique ideals. You can spray the pan your going to fry eggs in with a vegetable cooking spray and your eggs will come out great. If your using metal cookie cutters as forms for your eggs spray them with the vegetable cooking spray.
How about you? Do you have some unique French Toast ideals. Tell us about them below. Let us know your ideals and suggestions by making a comment below now.
Delicious Homemade Pumpkin French Toast
Pumpkin French Toast is one of the best things I've ever made and tasted in my life. Its easy to make and when you get it made your going to discover that it really is one of the best things you've ever tasted in your life.
Ingredients Needed For Your Recipe
1. Three Fourths Cup Whole Milk.
2. One Half Cup Pumpkin Pureed Up Very Fine.
3. Four Large Eggs.
4. Two Tablespoons Brown Sugar.
5. One Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
6. One Teaspoon Each Ground Nutmeg, Cinnamon, And Ginger.
7. Slices Of Texas Toast.
8. Butter For Grilling The French Toast.
Mix all your ingredients up very well. I do mine in the food processor so it gets very well mixed up. When you have it very well mixed up pour it out into a large bowl. Dip the slices of Texas Toast into the mixture and place onto a hot buttered skillet or grill.
Cook on one side until you know it is brown and then flip over and cook on the other side. Serve at once. I like to serve it with Maple Syrup that I have heated to almost boiling but not quite. Maple Syrup heated this way is delicious over the Pumpkin French Toast.
Serve your Pumpkin French Toast with either crisp slices of bacon or link sausage. Those flavors just go together so well.
I love to cut orange slices real thin and garnish my plates of French Toast with a twisted orange slice. It really adds something special to the plate of French Toast.
Other Ideals For French Toast
You can make a delicious stuffed French Toast by splitting a slit in Texas Toast and add thin slices of banana and peanut butter inside the little pockets you made in the Texas Toast. Or you can stuff Texas French Toast with crisp cooked bacon or sausage and then make it into delicious French Toast. I guarantee you that everyone who tries the stuffed French Toast will love it.
Try making your French Toast and serve sliced fruit like strawberries and strawberry syrup over the French Toast. Top the French Toast with Cool Whipped Topping and I guarantee you that people will love it. Kids especially love the Strawberry French Toast. You could do the same thing with blue berries or blackberries. However you make it I guarantee you that it will be delicious.
How to Make Simple French Toast
© 2009 Thomas Byers
More by this Author
These are truly some of the best pancakes you will ever eat. Over the years I have made these delicious pancakes and people have quite often asked me for the recipe but in the past I always said no. But now I'm going...
Do you know how to make the perfect boiled eggs. A lot of people don't but if you read this delightful Hub Page on how to boil an egg you'll not only know how to make perfect boiled eggs but you'll also know how to make...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.
Do you like French Toast? Did we give you some breakfast ideals? Why not post a comment below.
No comments yet.