Fresh Corn Chowder Recipe
Use the freshest corn possible for this Fresh Corn Chowder Recipe. If you grow corn at home you're ready to roll. If not, try to purchase fresh picked corn at a local farm or farmers market.
- With a sharp knife remove the fresh kernels of corn from the cobs. Discard the cobs, and set the kernels aside.
- Using the 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, cook the onion and sweet pepper in a large saucepan until just tender. (don't allow them to brown)
- Add the chicken broth. Stir in the potato and fresh corn, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, put a lid on the saucepan, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes and corn are tender. Stir occasionally as they simmer.
- Mix the salt, pepper, and flour together in a bowl. Stir the milk into the bowl.
- Dump the mixture from the bowl into the saucepan, and cook while stirring until the soup becomes bubbly and thickens slightly.
- Add the bacon. Cook and stir for one additional minute.
- Garnish each bowl of Fresh Corn Chowder with snipped fresh parsley if desired.
Ingredients (yields 8 servings)
- 8 fresh ears of corn
- 1 large onion; chopped
- 1 large green sweet pepper; chopped
- 1 large potato; peeled and cubed
- 4 crisply cooked bacon slices; crumbled (or 3 tablespoons of bacon bits)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- snipped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
Delicious tomato soup begins with fresh tomatoes. Hopefully you have some tomatoes fresh from your garden, because nothing quite compares to the taste of a home grown tomato. If not, try to get some from your...
No comments yet.
- How To Increase Hub Earnings With Comments
If your an ambitious hubber like me, it may seem like your adsense pennies are not trickling in fast enough. Hubpages, in my experiences is by far the best site for a freelance writer to gain exposure, and...
More by this Author
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ,Fry Time Per...
If you like Alfredo sauce as much as I do, you have got to try this recipe! This is the absolute best Alfredo sauce recipe you will ever find. This delicious pasta sauce is so simple to make, and takes only about...
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.