Fresh Corn and Crab Chowder Recipe
What do you get when you combine fresh corn from your garden or local farm with succulent lumps of crab-meat?
A taste of heaven! Follow this recipe, and enjoy the best darn Corn and Crab Chowder ever!
- Why Does Corn Come Out Whole In My Poop?
Okay, thousands of times you have stood up from the toilet to flush. For some reason you are always compelled to look inside the bowl before sending last nights dinner down the pipe faster than a bobsledder...
- 6 fresh ears of corn
- 1 cup fresh cooked crab meat
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14oz size) chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Use a sharp knife to slice the corn kernels off of the cobs.
- Cook the green pepper and onion over medium heat with the cooking oil in a large saucepan until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the chicken broth, corn and potatoes. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered for about 12 minutes until the corn and potatoes are tender. (stirring occasionally)
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and milk in a small bowl. Add this mixture to the mixture in your saucepan.
- While stirring, cook until your chowder begins to bubble.
- Add the crab meat. Cook and stir for another minute just to heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
I hope you find the time to prepare this recipe, and I'm looking forward to your comments. I grow corn at home, so I am always looking for a great fresh corn recipe. If you have a good one, please let me in on the secret through the comments section below.
More by this Author
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ,Fry Time Per...
Turkey Fryers are not limited to just frying whole turkeys. I am always finding new ways to use my turkey fryer for all kinds of recipes. Below are 5 great turkey fryer recipes that I think you'll enjoy. A...
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.