Deep Fried Dill Pickles Recipe
Deep Fried Goodness!
Hi everybody! Here's another deep fried recipe that I wanted to share... fried dill pickles with ranch dressing. For those who never tried this, or never heard of this, sounds really strange, right? Hahaha! And for those who have had this delicious appetizer... I'm sure you'd agree, it's so tasty! Give it a try!! :)
2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (vinegar-based) 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1 cup cornmeal 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 jar dill pickle slices (32 oz) 1 cup oil for frying salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of the flour, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, seasoning salt and garlic powder. Mix the ingredients until blended. In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or deep cooking pot to 365 degrees.
- Dip drained dill pickles into milk mixture and then dip them into the flour mixture. Deep fry pickles until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
Ranch Dressing (to serve with pickles):
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir, except for the mayonnaise. Add mayonaise only as needed, until mixture thickens. Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.