Fried Rice Balls Recipe - A Great Way to Re-Use Rice
Everyone knows this scenario: you ordered Chinese food last night, and of course they give you way more rice than you could actually eat with the food that you ordered. What usually happens to the rice? It gets thrown out, right? Well not anymore. I came up with a great recipe that reuses plain rice in a yummy way: fried rice balls! The recipe I have here has Japanese flavors, but you can always mix and match what flavors are inside. The main things you need are rice, an egg, and flour.
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 1 egg
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- sriracha sauce
- Put the rice into a mixing bowl, make sure to de-clump the rice so that it's all loose and easy to mix. Add the egg, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, scallions, and flour to the rice and mix it together. If the mixture is a little too watery, add more flour so the balls will hold together.
- Form the mixture into balls about the size of golf balls. Roll these around in the Panko breadcrumbs and garlic salt until they have been coated fully and evenly.
- In a frying pan (if you have a deep fryer, use that!) heat 1\2 inch layer of canola oil on medium to medium-low heat. Add the rice balls and fry them for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add sriracha on top or any other kind of sauce you want and enjoy!
How did you like the recipe?
More by this Author
7 ways to actually get more followers on Tumblr
- 11My First --And Last-- Days Working For MRM Marketing and Kirby Vacuums (A Cautionary Tale of Business Ethics)
I worked for this company for two weeks and found many problems with the way they ran their business and the fact that they hid a lot of details from prospective employees. Please don't fall into a trap with them like...
Learn how to dye your hair a beautiful pastel color with this step by step guide that also lists necessary products and best brands to use!