How to Make Fried Twix Bars
Fried candy bars are a popular snack at state fairs, festivals and other gatherings across the United States. One of the tastiest treats to enjoy fried is a Twix bar. In case you are unfamiliar, a Twix bar consists of a cookie wafer and caramel coated in milk chocolate. One Twix bar actually consists of two smaller bars, so these make a nice, smaller fried treat than some other fried candy bars. Twix is made by M&M Mars, and you should be able to find them in your local grocery or discount store.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 Cups vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 – 4 Twix bars
- Unwrap the Twix bars and freeze them for around two hours on a cookie sheet.
- Combine Dry Ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix egg, milk and Tbsp of oil in a small bowl.
- Slowly mix wet ingredients into dry and mix well. The consistency should be similar to that of pancake batter.
- Heat around 4 cups of oil on stovetop in a large pot.
- Dip each chilled candy bar in the batter and carefully place into hot oil.
- Cook for around 2 minutes or until batter turns a light brown, but do not overcook.
- Serve on a platter with powdered sugar, whipped cream, or ice cream.
More by this Author
The Coca-Cola Freestyle machine is a new type of coke fountain drink machine being rolled out in many markets. The machine is a new type of soda fountain that dispenses 106 different flavors of Coca-Cola products. This...
If you love Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha, learn how to make them at home. This can save money and is very tasty too!
A good hush puppy is a great accompaniment to fried fish or chicken and is a hard to beat treat. This simple recipe allows you to recreate a southern classic at home.