Fruit Filled Tortillas Recipe
Fruit Filled Tortillas
Quick and Easy Desserts
It's easy and quick to make fruit-filled dessert tortillas. You can use any fruit you prefer, but in-season berries like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries work well. Add a little dulce de leche and chocolate syrup, and dessert is on the table in a flash.
Here are two ways to make fruit-filled dessert tortillas. The first takes a few extra minutes to bake tortilla cups that you fill with fruit, and the second is a tortilla roll-up that does not require baking and can be made very quickly.
Ingredients and Supplies
- 4 snack-sized white flour tortillas
- 1/2 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche, divided use
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, divided use
Make Baked Tortilla Dessert Cups
You can bake the tortilla cups the day before and assemble them when needed. Just wrap tightly in cling film so that the baked cups don't get soggy. When ready to assemble, warm the tortilla cups up for 3-5 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Make Baked Tortilla Cups
- Slice strawberries and toss with blueberries and raspberries. Set aside.
- Mix sugar with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Wrap 2 tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 10 seconds or just until tortillas are soft and slightly warm.
- Take one warm tortilla and sprinkle lightly with sugar and cinnamon mixture. If sugar mixture doesn't stick to tortilla, you can moisten tortilla lightly, or spray with cooking oil spray.
- Fit tortilla into muffin tin by making about 2-4 small folds and pressing tortilla into the muffin tin.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with remaining tortillas.
- Bake 350 degree preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until edges are brown and tortilla cups are crisp.
- To assemble dessert: Place tortilla cup on plate. (Note: cup may relax a bit, but that's okay. They will hold their shape, more or less, long enough to be served. Working quickly, place 1 tablespoon dulce de leche in bottom of cup. Drizzle cup inside and out with 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup. Fill cup with berry mixture. Repeat with remaining tortilla cups. Serve immediately.
Make Fruit-Filled Tortilla
If you're really short on time or don't want to bake tortilla cups, try making a fruit-filled tortilla rollup! These fruity little burritos are packed with flavor and are very easy to make.
1. Place one tortilla onto serving plate.
2. Spread about 1 tablespoon of dulce de leche over top of tortilla.
3. (Optional) Microwave tortilla for about 20 seconds, or until the dulce de leche is warm and just starts to bubble. Remove tortilla from microwave oven.
4. Place berry mixture down the center of the tortilla, leaving room all around so that the tortilla can be rolled up, burrito-style.
5. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup over fruit.
How to Fold a Burrito
- To roll up your fruit filled tortilla, first fold in the left and right ends of the tortilla, about 1" on each side.
- Hold the ends so that they stay folded in place, and fold the front flap over the fruit.
- Roll the tortilla over so that the seam is underneath, holding the burrito together.
Slice burrito in half. Serve as-is, or drizzle with additional chocolate sauce or dulce de leche. Or puddle additional sauce on plate and serve.
Fold a Fruit Burrito
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE3
My homage to Twinkies and Minions. And sugar. Easy step-by-step instructions to make Minions at home.
No-cook fudge recipe, especially fun for kids to make, great camping dessert. No armpits necessary.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE59
House rabbit life enrichment. Ways to play and interact with your house rabbit.