Fruit Pastry Twists
These pastry twists are very easy to make and you can get the kids involved also!
- 1 Pre Made Pie Crust OR Premade Crescent Roll Dough
- Jam - Any flavor you like
- sugar, to sprinkle on top
- cinnamon, optional
- Cut the pie dough or crescent roll dough into 1" wide strips (make rectangles of 2 of the crescent triangles by pressing edges together to form shape)
- Lightly butter each strip and spread 2 teaspoons of your favorite jam on top of the butter.
- Lay another bare strip on top of that and twist several times. Lightly brush melted butter on it and sprinkle with cinnamon or sugar.
- Bake in 425 degree oven on middle rack for 8-10 min. Watch closely so they do not burn. If desired you can line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper in case jam oozes out and sticks to the pan.
- Serve hot or cooled. For breakfast, dessert or an after school snack!
More by this Author
It is just the plain truth, men and women are very different!
As the electronic age grows, so does the options to meet people. Do you think it encourages cheating?
Looking for a fresh idea to propose? Here are 46 ideas to choose from or inspire you to create your own!