Fruity Low Calorie Ice Cream Recipe (Homemade)
Is the summer heat getting to you? Or do you simply love ice cream? This fruit filled irresistible recipe for ice cream will delight your taste buds! Not to worry this recipe is low fat and low in calories!!! You can enjoy it without worrying about your waistline or health. Want to try something new? You can personalize this recipe to add any fruit of your choice, you can go for exotic (e.g. kiwi, banana, mango) or classic (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry). Now you can make the fruity low calorie ice cream goodness at home too!
- 4 1/2 cups mixed soft fruit (of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup red grape juice
- 1 tbsp (about one sachet) powdered gelatin
- In a food processor, process half of the fruit (2 1/4 cup) until smooth.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks of the 2 eggs. Then in a bowl whisk the yolks, yogurt, and processed fruit mixture together.
- In a pan heat the grape juice until almost boiling, then after removing it from the heat ( but while still hot) sprinkle the gelatin into the juice and stir to completely dissolve it into the juice.
- Whisk the gelatin mixture into the fruit mixture, then pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until half-frozen and slushy.
- Take the egg whites and whisk them until stiff, now quickly fold them into the half-frozen fruit mixture. Freeze again until almost firm.
- Scoop out serving into bowls or onto plates and add the leftover fruit the eat with the yummy ice cream!
Serves 6, about 130 calories per serving
And with all the calories you save you could scoop your ice cream into a cone, and not have to think about adding too many calories!
Please feel free to...
- Ask a Question
- And Rate Up :)