Easy Canned Salmon Recipes
Easy Canned Salmon Recipes - Save Time
Easy canned salmon recipes are always welcome. Any meal can be made into a gourmet meal with the addition of salmon. The recipes that follows mainly use canned salmon, but you can obviously be replaced by cooked fresh salmon, remember to adjust the seasoning. The four recipes in this Hub is a firm favorite in our family. I hope you will enjoy them as much as we do.
Easy Salmon Recipes, using canned salmon obviously make it very easy to have these dishes on the table reletavely easy. Next time you are entertaining, why not use these easy salmon recipes as one of your starters, I'm convinced your guests will love them as much as mine does.
Salmon Soufflé Using Canned Salmon
- 1 can salmon
- ½ cup hot milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heaped Tsp. flour
- 1 Tsp butter
- Grated onion
- Make a white sauce by melting the butter and adding the flour.
- Mix well in saucepan on stove and add the milk
- Stir carefully (to prevent lumps) till it forms a smooth paste.
- Flake the salmon and add to the white sauce.
- Stir in the grated onion, salt, pepper and two egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites well and fold in lastly.
- Pour into large big dish and bake in hot oven until set.
Salmon Soufflé 2
- 2 cups salmon (if you use canned salmon, adjust salt in this recipe)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup stale breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fah.
- Rome the skin and bones from the salmon
- Separate into flakes and add seasoning
- Cook the breadcrumbs in milk for 5 minutes
- Add salmon
- Add egg yolks beaten until frothy
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites
- Pour into a buttered mold
- Set in a pan of water
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour until firm
Cold Salmon Soufflé Using Canned Salmon
- 2 cans salmon
- Chopped parsley
- 1 level Tsp. gelatin
- Puree of 4 tomatoes
- Stiffly- beaten whites of 4 eggs
- Mash up salmon finely, add parsley, tomato puree and season to taste.
- Stir in gelatin melted in ¼ cup water.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Place in damp mould and set in refrigerator.
- Unmould on lettuce leaves and decorate with sliced cucumber and quartered tomatoes.
Salmon Cream Method
- Drain the salmon. Carefully remove the skin and bone.
- Flake the salmon.
- Place the milk, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard in a double boiler.
- Add butter and egg yolks mixed with half of the cold water.
- Cook very slowly in double boiler till thick.
- Add gelatin softened in the rest of the cold water.
- 1 lb. canned salmon (pink)
- ¼. tsp. paprika
- 1½ Tsp. melted butter
- 3 Tsp. cold water
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 Tsp. malt vinegar
- ½ tsp. mustard
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- ½ Tsp. gelatin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Do you prefer using fresh SalmonSee results without voting
- 1 pound Salmon, Can
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon, peppe
- 8 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teasppon salt
- Drain the salmon and keep the liquids Remove the skin and flake the fish Add the onion and pepper
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cut into triangles Arrange half of the bread in a baking dish
- Cover the bread with the salmon mixture Cover with the rest of the bread
- Lightly beat the eggs and add the milk, salt and liquid from salmon. Pour over the dish
- Let it stand for 30 minutes
- Bake in an oven of 350 degrees until done, +/- an hour
Easy Salmon Fish Cakes
This is a very good way of using left over Salmon
- 1 cup salmon
- 1 cup cooked potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Chopped onion
- Lemon juice
- Mix the salmon with the mashed potatoes en season to taste
- Add chopped onion and lemon juice to taste
- Form the fish cakes and roll in the crumbs, then in the beaten egg and once more in the crumbs
- Fry the cakes in shallow oil at a medium heat to prevent burning the cakes before they are fully cooked.
I hope you enjoy these Salmon recipes. What a good way to combine healthy and good tasting food. In South Africa fresh Salmon is very expensive, so I mostly use tinned Salmon, but in all these recipes you can use fresh Salmon, but remember to adjust the seasoning as the fresh Salmon does not have any salt in it.
More by this Author
When you are starting a prayer group you have to know how you are going to conduct the prayer group and what your prayer group activities are going to be.
Looking at a homemade water filtration using charcoal and sand can be a very good way to get clear, clean house water. As the need for clean water grows so will the need for water filters. Making a Homemade Charcoal...
Here are some top tips on how to lose leg fat.