GM Foods Impacts
Genetically Modified Foods or GM foods has several good points and several bad points. Some impacts of GM foods are noted here.
Some advantages of GM foods
- Disease resistance capability increased
- Production of meat, milk, eggs etc.increased Improves animal health
- Productivity capability increased
- Contains huge amount of nutrition like vitamins and minerals
- GM foods are more tasty
- Pest resistance capability increased
- Crop maturation time is reduced Increased herbicide tolerance
- Cold tolerance capability increased
- New crops with improved quality can be produced easily
- Trees which are about to vanished, can restored
- Sometimes helpful to conserve soil, water and energy
- Famine problem can be solved for increase population
Disadvantages of GM foods
- Organisms are affected with unknown causes
- Protection of pesticides is hampered
- Non-targeted species are also affected and become a threaten to targeted species
Rich country is being dependent on GM foods day by day
Labeling, both for GM and non-GM crops, produces confusion to recognize separately
- Allergens is great threaten for GM foods
- Several unknown effects are arise to human
- Human is affected day by day
Potential risks to human health determined : collected form WHO
The safety assessment of GM foods generally investigates:
- direct health effects (toxicity),
- tendencies to provoke allergic reaction (allergenicity);
- specific components thought to have nutritional or toxic properties;
- the stability of the inserted gene;
- nutritional effects associated with genetic modification; and
- any unintended effects which could result from the gene insertion.
[This part is taken form "www.who.int"]
Read More about "GM Foods"
More by this Author
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
OSI stands for Open Systems Interconnection Reference Model. In short it is termed as OSI model or OSI reference model or 7-layer model or Layered Model or OSI seven layer model. This is really an important topic topic...