GM Foods Impacts
Genetically Modified Foods or GM foods has several good points and several bad points. Some impacts of GM foods are noted here.
Some advantages of GM foods
- Disease resistance capability increased
- Production of meat, milk, eggs etc.increased Improves animal health
- Productivity capability increased
- Contains huge amount of nutrition like vitamins and minerals
- GM foods are more tasty
- Pest resistance capability increased
- Crop maturation time is reduced Increased herbicide tolerance
- Cold tolerance capability increased
- New crops with improved quality can be produced easily
- Trees which are about to vanished, can restored
- Sometimes helpful to conserve soil, water and energy
- Famine problem can be solved for increase population
Disadvantages of GM foods
- Organisms are affected with unknown causes
- Protection of pesticides is hampered
- Non-targeted species are also affected and become a threaten to targeted species
Rich country is being dependent on GM foods day by day
Labeling, both for GM and non-GM crops, produces confusion to recognize separately
- Allergens is great threaten for GM foods
- Several unknown effects are arise to human
- Human is affected day by day
Potential risks to human health determined : collected form WHO
The safety assessment of GM foods generally investigates:
- direct health effects (toxicity),
- tendencies to provoke allergic reaction (allergenicity);
- specific components thought to have nutritional or toxic properties;
- the stability of the inserted gene;
- nutritional effects associated with genetic modification; and
- any unintended effects which could result from the gene insertion.
[This part is taken form "www.who.int"]
Read More about "GM Foods"
More by this Author
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During Oracle...
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.
OSI stands for Open Systems Interconnection Reference Model. In short it is termed as OSI model or OSI reference model or 7-layer model or Layered Model or OSI seven layer model. This is really an important topic topic...