Gajar Ki Halwa – An Indian Dessert With Recipe
Gajar Ki Halwa is another famous Indian dessert recipe which is easy to cook and the ingredients are easily available in the most part of the world. You can give a try of this recipe in your own kitchen. Mawa or Khowa or Khowa kheer are actually different names of dried milk. It is mostly used in making different Indian sweetmeats. If Mawa is not available in your place you can use condensed milk instead of Mawa but the quantity should be double.
- Put milk and grated carrots in a pan
- Put it on the flame
- Bring it to boil
- Cook over medium heat until all the milk gets dried up
- Keep stirring the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, half of the dry fruits
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add ghee and mawa
- Mix well and fry on low heat until ghee starts separating
- Decorate with remaining dry fruits and serve hot
- It can also be preserved in refrigerator for a few days
- Can be served cold also
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...