Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
About the Author
Abby Campbell, BSc, SFN, SSN, CPT, is a leading professional fitness and nutrition expert, researcher, and published author of One Size Does NOT Fit All Diet Plan, one of Amazon's Top Gluten-Free and Weight Loss Diets. (You may read more about Abby at the bottom of this article.)
Delicious Fat Burning Food
Did you say "Ick" when you read "Brussels Sprouts?" You will be shocked at the taste of these little guys once you've tried this recipe. It wouldn't be a surprise if you come begging for more! Being infused with garlic, sea salt, and black pepper and then caramelized with butter just makes these bad boys good once in for all.
Though Brussels sprouts are known to be a "winter" food and served at holiday dinners, they are actually great anytime of the year. That is, if you can find them in your local grocery store or farmer's market. This Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe is not only ready to please, but it will also fuel your body with high octane energy. Brussels sprouts naturally contain mega anti-oxidants that will act at your defense against any free radicals. In combination with sweet garlic and extra virgin olive oil, your protective levels are only multiplied. An army of dangers couldn't penetrate the protective guard of Brussels sprouts.
Not only does this Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe taste delicious. If you're looking to boost metabolism and shed a few unwanted pounds of body fat, then Brussels Sprouts gives you that advantage. So eat up!
Make This a Top Rated Recipe!
- 1.5 lbs. Brussels sprouts, fresh
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. butter, unsalted
- 3-4 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
How to Cook Brussels Sprouts
- Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly. You may use Fit Fruit and Vegetable Wash to be certain to remove any fertilizers, dirt, or other residues. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove any outer yellow leaves of the Brussels sprouts and throw away. With a sharp knife, cut off and throw away the ends of the sprouts. Then cut sprouts in half lengthwise. Put in large bowl and set aside.
- Gather all other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and butter. You may want to gather some kitchen utensils as well: measuring cup, garlic press, and small whisk. If you don't have sea salt, you may use kosher salt or even table salt; however, it may not have the same tasty effect.
- In a measuring cup, measure out extra virgin olive oil. Add pressed garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir well. Pour mixture into the mixing bowl with Brussels sprouts. Stir until all sprouts are coated.
- Cover Brussels sprouts and refrigerate until ready to cook. If you are in a hurry, set sprouts aside and prepare your meats and other dishes. Cooking the sprouts only take approximately 8 minutes, so you can cook these quickly and easily when ready. Refrigeration seems to infuse the tastes better, but there is nothing wrong with cooking them right after preparation.
- Heat stove top or electric skillet on medium-high heat and allow to get hot for three to four minutes. As a note, the electric skillet allows the Brussels sprouts to cook easier without sticking, thus leaving the shape of the sprouts in tact. It also allows plenty of room for stirring.
- Add butter to skillet and allow to melt and heat for approximately one minute. Though the Brussels sprouts are already coated in extra virgin olive oil, the butter gives the sprouts a nice caramelized flavor.
- Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and cover. Stir occasionally to allow all sides to brown. Pan roast for 8 minutes or until tender (your liking). The sprouts will be golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and serve with protein such as lean beef, chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin, or fish. You may even add a small serving of starchy carbs like brown or wild rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, or quinoa.
Brussels Sprouts Nutrition Facts
|Serving size: 3/4 cup|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 10 g|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 331 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Get Abby's Book Today!
Vitamin C Benefits
Did you know that one cup of Brussels sprouts gives you 125 percent of your daily value for vitamin C (based on a 2,000 calorie diet)? Not only does it help you to overcome the common cold quickly. Vitamin C benefits include the protection against:
- cardio vascular disease,
- immune system deficiencies,
- prenatal health problems,
- mood instability,
- eye disease, and even
- skin wrinkling.
Why not take this benefit today? Cook yourself some Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Tell Us What You Think
You're reading "Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe" by Abby Campbell. Please rate it, leave a comment, and tell us what you think below. Then share the recipe article with your family and friends. You may even share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest (buttons to your right).
About the author
Abby Campbell, BSc, SFN, SSN, CPT, is a leading professional fitness and nutrition expert, researcher, and published author. For the past 10 years, she has coached thousands of women locally and online to lose body fat and lead healthy lifestyles. Her clients have lost thousands of pounds, reclaimed health, and call her “Coach No Gimmick.” She is from Northern Virginia but now resides near Charlotte, North Carolina. Abby has been married for 20 years and has three grown daughters, one of which is autistic. She is a 19 year cancer survivor.
Enjoy more of Abby's hubs!
- How to Eat a Good Diet
Eating a good diet will boost your metabolism and even help you overcome a weight loss plateau if needed. Learn how to plan a good diet, whether it be for maintenance or weight loss.
- Best Healthy Crab Cake Recipe
If you're a seafood lover, you'll have to try this Best Healthy Crab Cake recipe! Save on calories and carbs with this gluten free crab cakes recipe. Just add a salad or veggies to complete your meal.
- Supreme Egg Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Do you need quick breakfast ideas that are super yummy? If you've enjoyed cold pizza for breakfast but want healthy breakfast foods or options, then try this Supreme Egg Breakfast Pizza Recipe.
More by this Author
Learn how to reduce thigh fat. Learn why you may be estrogen dominant, why low-calorie diets and extensive aerobic exercise is wrong in correcting thigh fat, and what you can do to finally lose it.
Craving cereal for breakfast but trying to stick to a low calorie breakfast? Know what the healthiest cereals are that will give your tummy the warmth it needs. Enjoy 6 low cal breakfast cereals.
Looking for a quick weight loss program, how to lose baby fat, or how to lose abdominal fat? Learn how to flatten your stomach with the best stomach exercises. Get ripped with transverse ab workouts.